Phantom + RX100 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Flying Cameras
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Flying Cameras
UAV, Helicam, and all other aerial videography topics.

Old July 29th, 2013, 06:02 PM   #1
Major Player

Phantom + RX100

Using a Sony RX100 instead of a gopro produces nice video in whatever mode. Only thing that jumps the video is wind when the phantom abruptly changes attitude.
I bought a hero 3, spent a fair amount of time testing the various capture settings and even purchased a program called Prodrenalin by ProDAd which deFisheyes the video, reduces the rolling shutter and stabilizes the video. Does a pretty good job too that is unless the camera pans. If GoPro video is shot straight on and the bits where the phantom is turning are cut out and using 1080P 60fps it produces acceptable results with any of those isolation mounts on ebay. The one sold by Infinity hobbly worked. BUT for the main video cam it's not a natural look. Someone said that He felt he had to swim through gopro video and maybe that's why I'm determined to use something else other than fisheyes to capture video from the phantom
I currently use an RX100 (250 grams) and a HD video transmitter EP WD 3207 with short Hdmi cable (70g) and a bit of a fabricated rt angle plastic bracket and attach the cam with elastic bands.
Doesn't need any jello mount and Here's a few pix of the mount

Phantom didn't seem to struggle and was not warmed up at the end of a battery
No way to add to the weight of a gimbal however.
Anyone else going down this road?
Bruce Dempsey is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Flying Cameras