FPV: Monitor or Goggles - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Flying Cameras
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Flying Cameras
UAV, Helicam, and all other aerial videography topics.

Old April 13th, 2014, 08:41 AM   #31
Regular Crew

Re: FPV: Monitor or Goggles

thanks for the explanation. i think i'll find someone with a gopro and see for myself. thanks again.
Jerry Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2014, 09:23 AM   #32
Regular Crew

You'll be fine if you're on a Mac Jerry. I have the GoPro studio software and it works fine on the Mac (to convert the AVI files to MOV files via Cineform compression)...but I've also imported GoPro footage directly into Premiere Pro on the Mac with no problem.

@Jody: I've been reading a lot of posts about problems with the Zenmuse 3D gimbal over on the RCGroups.com...some appear to be working, but others have had issues (possibly relating to firmware?). Anyway, I'm still waiting to hear from Aerial Media Pros---will keep everyone posted.

I don't want to buy anything 'til a) I can get a 3D gimbal, and b) I'm reasonably sure the bugs are worked out of the 3D gimbal.

Scott
Scott Wilkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2014, 04:01 PM   #33
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wilkinson View Post

@Jody: I've been reading a lot of posts about problems with the Zenmuse 3D gimbal over on the RCGroups.com...some appear to be working, but others have had issues (possibly relating to firmware?). Anyway, I'm still waiting to hear from Aerial Media Pros---will keep everyone posted.

I don't want to buy anything 'til a) I can get a 3D gimbal, and b) I'm reasonably sure the bugs are worked out of the 3D gimbal.

Scott
That's disappointing. DJI never seem to get it right the first time. The 2D gimbal had a lot of issues too.

I'll definitely be waiting a while to buy it, at least until they release a V2.

Until then, I've been reading very good reviews about this one: DYS Smart3 3 Axis GoPro Gimbal with AlexMos Control Board (BaseCam)
Jody Arnott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2014, 09:07 AM   #34
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jody Arnott View Post
That's disappointing. DJI never seem to get it right the first time. The 2D gimbal had a lot of issues too.

I'll definitely be waiting a while to buy it, at least until they release a V2.

Until then, I've been reading very good reviews about this one: DYS Smart3 3 Axis GoPro Gimbal with AlexMos Control Board (BaseCam)
I have been following the progress of the zenmuse H3-3D quite closely and it looks as if a lot of the issues are with the gimbal being installed incorrectly by the user. Putting the drop pins that hold it in place in the wrong holes allows the gimbal to catch on the pin when it yaws making it go into its hibernation mode and shut down briefly. Pushing the washer over the stabilizing balls too far can cause the gimbals top motor to touch the battery inside the craft and cause jello. Also the latest firmware for the gimbal does not update the settings for the gimbal (and it still uses the older settings) and again can cause jello on the footage. But even so I will be waiting a while yet till I see consistant good footage and results being posted. Plus at the moment it seems out of stock anyway! (At least in the UK).
Bill Sherren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2014, 10:26 AM   #35
Regular Crew

@Jody: thanks for the link---interesting! I admit I'm itching to to make a purchase...and I'm not enthusiastic about waiting around for the Zenmuse 3D to work perfectly.

But Bill, you summed up the issues better than I understood them...so perhaps the Zenmuse 3D is fine---if installed with extreme care and attention to detail?

Still haven't heard from Aerial Media Pros. I may start making some phone calls to find out more about the Zenmuse 3D gimbal (both in terms of issues and supply).

Scott
Scott Wilkinson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Flying Cameras