persistent audio problems at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Focus Enhancements FireStore
Specifically for the FireStore DV Direct-To-Edit Disk Recording Solutions.

Old December 17th, 2007, 02:43 PM   #1
Major Player

persistent audio problems

I've posted on this problem before and I'm completely baffled as to why no one else has had the following problem:

When I record audio to my DR-HD100, the clips play back fine through the camera (from the firestore as well as off the tape). When I hook the firestore up to my computer (G5 Mac Pro), the Quicktime files more often than not will play back audio that sounds as if someone is periodically bumping the microphone (I wish I could explain it better, but i can't). I've contacted Focus Enhancement support and they haven't been able to come up with a solution. The unit seems fine until I bring the clips into my computer. It looks as if the problem happens when the files are converted to Quicktime files. It's not a FCP problem because I don't even need to open that program to see the problem.

Has anyone else experienced this before and if not, why do you suppose it's happening to me? Right now I'm using the DR-HD100 as a back up to my tapes - and it's supposed to be the other way around.

I'd appreciate any feedback.

Thanks.
Old December 30th, 2007, 01:54 AM   #2
Major Player

Bill,

If you do a search for posts by Gary Krimstein in the JVC HD forum, you will find he is having the same problems as you.

Daniel Weber
Daniel Weber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2008, 09:02 AM   #3
Major Player

Daniel,

Thanks. I've checked it out. A different sound, but a similar problem. I'll post over there.
Old February 4th, 2008, 02:51 PM   #4
Major Player

I bumped up an older thread on this topic Bill.

Did you find any resolutions?
Old February 4th, 2008, 03:11 PM   #5
Major Player

Webb,

I haven't. I'm basically using the firestore as a back up. I'll look through it to see if the audio is usable. It is periodically and I will use that. Otherwise, I digitize from the tape. Not much of a solution. I'm hoping there'll be a firmware update at some point that miraculously fixes the problem.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore