some clips are bad.... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore

Focus Enhancements FireStore
Specifically for the FireStore DV Direct-To-Edit Disk Recording Solutions.

Old February 22nd, 2004, 11:21 AM   #1
Major Player

some clips are bad....

I was trying to open some clips on my mac g4 but get a couple of errors. Unable to open file because there is a bad" public movie atom" in the film???
And some files do not upen simply because quiktime says so 'they cannot be processed by quicktime'
I am wondering if it is possible to give all files an unique name so when shooting and for logging purposes it would be possible to name them.

any ideas?

director/cameraman

http://www.slingerlandproductions.nl
David Slingerland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2004, 02:55 PM   #2
Focus Enhancements

Hi David,

Were these bad files created on a FireStore FS-3 or DR-DV5000? If so, connect the drive to FireStore and select Utilities -> Repair and see if this fixes the clip. Sometimes it is possible that a cable became disconnected or a clips were not closed properly because the drive was removed to quickly. This feature helps to resolve these types of issues.

Hope that helps.
Matt McEwen
Matt McEwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2004, 02:58 PM   #3
Major Player

okay will try that, the clips that quicktime did not recognize were also very small (4kb) so its not a big problem. I do have however another question On the sit I saw you also have partnership with Ikegami, in what way? like you have with JVC?
greetings

director/cameraman

Old February 22nd, 2004, 03:05 PM   #4
Major Player

I am getting simultanous email from this forum and on my email adress from you so I dont know if I should write it here but I have another question why does FireStore also has raw dv as a record format if all native NLE are there?
Is there any compression done otherwise then the particular NLE would do?

greetings

director/cameraman

Old February 22nd, 2004, 03:12 PM   #5
Focus Enhancements

Hi David,

I am replying to both today.

We have the RawDV format on FireStore as some applications use this as their native file format such as Apple iMovie and Sony XPRI. We never touch the compression or any aspect of the file. DTE Technology as used on FireStore creates the appropriate header information for particular NLE packages. Some are more complex than others.

Hope that helps,

Matt McEwen
Matt McEwen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore