New Fs4 and FS4Pro Firmware available !! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Focus Enhancements FireStore
Specifically for the FireStore DV Direct-To-Edit Disk Recording Solutions.

Old July 2nd, 2005, 01:18 AM   #1
Regular Crew

New Fs4 and FS4Pro Firmware available !!

Please see the text I received from the UK supplier..

New software upgrade available for users of FS-4 & FS-4pro, the new upgrade will include the following bug fixes and new features:

· New fan algorithm for reduced fan usage and lower speeds resulting in quieter operation.

· Full Canopus Edius 3.0 support.

· GPI functionality added

· Reworked "battery low, shutting down" algorithm to prevent accidental shut down

· Added menu item "NONE" in the REELS menu (FS-4Pro only)

· FA/FB/FC REEL function keys can be toggled between the selected reel and none reel (FS-4Pro only)

· Left arrow will exit from play reel list menu (FS-4Pro only)

· Updated display shows the product ID in the version screen

· Changed FACTORY RESET to be SYSTEM RESET

· Ignore DD/DV key press when it is not in STOP mode

· Fixed "ENABLE" message in HDD mode

· Added “Organizing..." message screen for Organize Reel, OMF and PINN (FS-4Pro only)

· Modified Retro Disk menu (FS-4Pro only)

· Fixed a Syncro Slave bug when used with the Panasonic AG-DVX100 (A) and Canon XL1s/XL2.

The new FS-4 and FS-4 Pro firmware updates are available from here:

http://www.focusinfo.com/products/firestore/FS4up.htm

http://www.focusinfo.com/products/fi...e/FS4proup.htm

HDV update, will be released end of July – pre-order is still possible at the attractive upgrade price of £ 69.00 + vat, available from all our resellers. The HDV upgrade will integrate not only the M2t file format, but also a QuickTime HD file format.

All pre-order customers will receive an announcement as soon as the HDV upgrade is available. The upgrade (unique per unit - based on the registered serial number) will be available via E-mail or CD-ROM.

Best regards
Mark Geiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2005, 11:43 PM   #2
Regular Crew

The HDV update info is a bit ambiguous. Earlier in the year we were told that the update would be available at the special price to early adopters but were not asked to pre-order (at that time there was no firm date for availability of the update). This latest message sort of implies that we SHOULD have pre-ordered but it's still OK to do so.

Ray Liffen
Ray Liffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2005, 03:07 PM   #3
New Boot

[QUOTE=
The HDV upgrade will integrate not only the M2t file format, but also a QuickTime HD file format.

[/QUOTE]

I have the upgrade...there is no quicktime HD format option. Does anyone know how I can work with the M2T file in FCP?
Joe Moulins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2005, 01:52 AM   #4
Regular Crew

good question Joe, I am also interested in the answer, if any is forthcoming.
Old November 12th, 2005, 09:30 AM   #5
Go Go Godzilla

I just tested shooting my FS-4 Pro HD in "HD" mode on my Z1 and tried to get FCP 5 to see the clip. I am also having the same issue: FCP says the M2T file is an unrecognizable format and won't import it.

If however, I shoot in normal DV with the Quicktime file option FCP sees the clip no problem.

I have a call into Apple Pro Tech Support to see if there is something I'm doing wrong but, my fear is that this M2T file type just isn't something FCP can work with.

When I get my call back from Apple this morning I'll update the forum.
Old November 13th, 2005, 03:28 PM   #6
Contributor

What I don't understand is:

If Mark has information from his vendor announcing a release date for the HDV upgrade "end of July" (!!!)(what year?).

How did Robert, Joe (and maybe Eric) get it already (or did it come out in July of this year?)?

I'm a bit confused here.

Also, thanks Mark, for conveying the availability of the new firmware. I wonder what happened to Matt McEwen, he should have been the first to do this. Or at least, I would have expected a word from Gary Bettan of the Videoguys.

Frankenstein meets XL1
Daniel Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2005, 07:51 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Just got an email back from the Focus people, you have to capture the footage directly from the FS 4, do not just drag it to your computer from the FS 4. Haven't tried it yet, but see no reason why it won't work, more to come.
Old November 13th, 2005, 11:57 PM   #8
Major Player

hi gang,

last night i was shooting a dance group and 2 things happens with my fs-4.
1) at the end of the event, about 1 1/2, i could not turn it off....had to unplug the power supply.

2) today i could not tarnsfer anything to my new pc, win xp, the error message is "no driver"
the webside offers a driver, which i downleaded but could not open, unzip. it's a bin file

anybody???

thanks
Karl Heiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2005, 01:32 AM   #9
Regular Crew

HDV upgrade

Holdan, the UK agents for Focus, emailed me last week with news that the HDV upgrade was finally available and that the 'special offer' for early adopters (of £69 rather than £169) was only until 21st November.

However, when I rang Holdan and placed the order by credit card, I was then emailed later by Tom Fenton (who took the order) to say they had run out of stocks of the CD and he would phone me to do a re-order in a weeks time!

Impressive, eh?

Ray Liffen
Ray Liffen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore