FS 100 Corrupt Static Clips? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Focus Enhancements FireStore
Specifically for the FireStore DV Direct-To-Edit Disk Recording Solutions.

Old August 10th, 2010, 05:04 PM   #1
New Boot

FS 100 Corrupt Static Clips?

So I have a FS100 DVCPRO HD that I’m using with a Canon GL2. Was easy to setup and configure with the camera and was really happy with it. I got it used for a great price and thought all was well.
The problem:
I noticed at first that I would get little blips of static in my recorded clips, maybe 01-2 seconds in length. And it’s funny because it always seemed like it would occur at the same time. For example, If I formatted the drive and recorded 10 minutes worth of video I’d always see static at 2:30, 5:50, 8:20 or so it seemed. As time went on the static would get longer and occur at more random times in my clips.

What I tried:
I assumed this had to be a HD problem. Something funky/corrupt with the drive so I went out and got a 160GB IDE drive and swapped it out according to HowTo: Upgrade a FS-100 to 250GB Really quick and easy.

The Result:
Same problem, static in the clips at random locations. Audio on some clips out of sync or even at a slower rate.

My conclusion:
It’s not the HD so what is it?

If anyone has any ideas or can point me to someplace that might be able to help I’d really appreciate it.
Matthew Elaschuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2010, 05:06 PM   #2
New Boot

After reading around more I have found that Focus Enhancements FireStore is not the way to go and they don't seem to interested in helping people with their products.

A simple solution to the problem I am having is just not to bother with Focus Enhancements FS in the first place.

If anyone wants my FS-100 I'll sell it for cheap. Might be good for parts, or at least a paper weight.
Matthew Elaschuk is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore