Firmware Update for MR-HD100 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Focus Enhancements FireStore
Specifically for the FireStore DV Direct-To-Edit Disk Recording Solutions.

Old August 21st, 2010, 07:24 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Firmware Update for MR-HD100

So I sent a message off to the folks at Focus Enhancements asking if there was a firmware update for my MR-HD100. Very promptly, but somewhat cryptically, I got an email with a DropBox link to download the file. No explanation or instructions or advice; just the link.

I downloaded it and with a little blind faith and trepidation, I went ahead and upgraded. Firmware is now 2.0.1.07060510. No clue as to what it improves but the one thing that seems problematic now is that I can't seem to get the unit to pick up an IP address from my network (wired or wireless) in order to work with it's built in webs server to set up templates.

Any one have any information about this firmware? I am thinking it may have been OK for an FS-5 but not the MR-HD100? Or... something else awry. Any experience with this?

Thanks for any help!
Terry VerHaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2010, 05:26 AM   #2
Regular Crew

I got my unit about 2 weeks ago. I have version 2.0.1.07060510, same as you. They don't have the MR HD 100 listed on their website for downloads, so I emailed them and they said I'm current. I haven't had any problems connecting to the internet, but then gain, I've only had it for 2 weeks and only used it a few times.

When did you get your unit? Mine was shipped with the original user's manual and an MR HD100 2.0 addendum manual that's an extra 78 pages.
Old August 22nd, 2010, 11:32 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Jenoff View Post
I got my unit about 2 weeks ago. I have version 2.0.1.07060510, same as you. They don't have the MR HD 100 listed on their website for downloads, so I emailed them and they said I'm current. I haven't had any problems connecting to the internet, but then gain, I've only had it for 2 weeks and only used it a few times.

When did you get your unit? Mine was shipped with the original user's manual and an MR HD100 2.0 addendum manual that's an extra 78 pages.
Marty - thanks for the info. I got my unit about 18 months ago. For the most part it has worked well although there were a couple of times I was glad to have a tape back-up since I had some quirks that caused the unit to miss (?) some footage as I was recording. I think it may have been related to triggering the start. Since then I am more diligent about making sure the unit is recording. Also, be aware that the MOV files it records are not as universally compatible as you'd like. For example, I use Final Cut Pro and the import seamlessly but they won't go into Sony Vegas at all.

I did NOT get an update to the manual. I don't suppose you have a PDF of the addendum or know where there is one. The only manual I see online is the original one that I already have.

When you connect, do you use wi--fi on a managed network using DHCP? I can't get my unit to pick up an IP address, which used to happen easily. And nothing has since changed on my network. Can't even use a wired USB connection either.
Terry VerHaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2010, 06:30 PM   #4
Regular Crew

I've only used it once in the field and I was running a tape also. It seem that there is a 1-3 second delay from when I hit record to when the tape and unit start recording (that is mentioned in the manual and is normal). I just ordered a new Mac Pro and FCP so that's what I'll be using it with. I've heard that it's recommended to shoot HD video in M2T and use ClipWrap to rewrap it as a Mov file and then import it into FCP. I've heard that people have had problems recording the HD files as Mov and then importing. Shooting in standard M2T isn't an option, so I record in Mov.

I've connected to the internet both wireless and hard wire without any problems.

Unfortunately I don't have the updated manual as a pdf and I can't find it on their website. Try emailing them?

I sent them an email about another question and one of VPs wrote me back.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore