Firestore FS-C various topics - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Focus Enhancements FireStore
Specifically for the FireStore DV Direct-To-Edit Disk Recording Solutions.

Old October 16th, 2006, 09:53 PM   #16
Focus Enhancements

Unfortunately, the 2.0 upgrade is only available from the Focus webstore at the moment.

Matt
Matt McEwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2006, 05:22 PM   #17
Major Player

FS-C & 24f

I have been trying to discover if the FS-c, supposedly designed specifically for the Canon XL-H1, supports 24f. I need to shoot several commercials in 24 in less than 2 weeks, and need a good sollution for getting the clips into my computer (without buying Canon's little consumer camera).. Does anyone know?
Steve Rosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2006, 11:11 AM   #18
Focus Enhancements

It is possible to record the 1080i/24F standard on FS-C in the M2T file format. It is not currently supported for QuickTime HDV support, but we are working on it. I am not aware of an NLE application that supports M2T 1080i/24F, but you may like to check with Canon.

Matt
Old October 31st, 2006, 01:54 PM   #19
Major Player

Well, darn.. any ETA on 24f support? I am currently about to shoot a series of commercials and the client wants a 24p look, I had hoped this would solve the issue for me... I don't like to use my camera as a deck and a "tapeless" option would sure have been nice to have...

I will probably go ahead and order an FS-C from ZGC anyway just to have it. I assume that this unit will be upgradeable when the 24f option is available, yes?
Steve Rosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2006, 03:47 PM   #20
Wrangler

With the addition of small preset files that one can download from the Adobe site, PPro 2.0 captures and edits Canon 24F, 25F, and 30F. PPro cannot currently export 24F to tape.
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2006, 01:07 PM   #21
Focus Enhancements

We are working on 1080i/24F support now. I do not have an ETA as yet. As long as it is possible for us to support it (assuming there is no gotchas that prevent us from supporting it), we will offer an update to FS-C.
Old November 23rd, 2006, 05:11 PM   #22
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt McEwen
Videoguys has a great HD special going on.

Hope that helps,

Matt

hey matt,
do u have a link to the videoguys site?

I don't know who they are or how to reach out to them.

Thanks,
Jay
Old November 23rd, 2006, 05:33 PM   #23
Obstreperous Rex

Don't know who they are? VideoGuys is a DV Info Net site sponsor.

Don't know how to reach out to them? Click on our Sponsors link in the right corner of the blue bar at the top of every page (maybe I need to make that text bigger) -- full contact info, phone, location, web address etc. on that page. Or click on their banner, it cycles through at the top of any page here.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2006, 05:46 PM   #24
Regular Crew

oh cool, thanks chris.
Old November 25th, 2006, 09:17 AM   #25
Major Player

Took the plunge...

Well, I just ordered a FS-C 60GB for my A1. Boy this was a gut wrenching decision since it costs as mush as a great new Macbook. I am still writhing in pain, but I NEED a tapeless solution.

I am concerend about the 5400 speed drives and the FAT32 file structure. Pretty low specs, but might save battery life. Not to mention that horrible audio problems that have been reported with the cooling fan.

Since there was no way to try it out before the purchase, I have my fingers crossed. Thank the gods that B&H allows returns.

I also had to buy the 2.0 upgrade from Focus Enhancements. Pretty sad that you buy a brand new piece of equipment and you already have to buy the upgrade. But, QT HDV is paramount.

I will let you guys know how it goes.
Old November 26th, 2006, 03:36 AM   #26
New Boot

UK FS-C Availability

Anyone know if it is available in the UK?

Thanks
Stephen Vallis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2006, 01:08 PM   #27
Focus Enhancements

I believe it is available in the UK...or will be shortly. I would recommend you contact the Focus distributor in the UK who is Holdan... http://www.holdan.co.uk/ . I believe they have been working with Canon UK.

Hope that helps,
Matt
Old November 29th, 2006, 01:38 PM   #28
Tourist

HDV Upgrade

I agree, its sad to have to pay for a firmware upgrade on a brand new product. To make it even worse, I need it right away and Focus Enhancement's quickest available option is $24 for overnight shipping of a CD that won't be shipped for 2 business days = $24 for 3 day shippping! Outrageous!

Is there no way to get this quicker? I'm willing to pay if it were actually shipped right away.
Ivan Heu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2006, 02:05 PM   #29
Focus Enhancements

Hi Cody and Ivan,

If your FS-C was purchased on or after October 4, 2006, the 2.0 upgrade should have been included. I assume there was some units in the field that may have not had the upgrade. PM me and I will take care of this for you. You will also need a dated copy of your FS-C receipt.

Thanks,

Matt
Old November 29th, 2006, 02:40 PM   #30
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt McEwen
Hi Cody and Ivan,

If your FS-C was purchased on or after October 4, 2006, the 2.0 upgrade should have been included. I assume there was some units in the field that may have not had the upgrade. PM me and I will take care of this for you. You will also need a dated copy of your FS-C receipt.

Thanks,

Matt
That is news to me.

I should be getting my FS-C from B&H tomorrow and the 2.0 disk was also ordered on the same day - Nov 25th.

Your site (FE) does not say that the new units ship with the HDV, only that if you want QT HDV that you need to buy it. Very confusing consumer experience. So I guess I blew $50? Can I get a refund on the disk?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore