Repairing clips on the FS-4 Pro at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore

Focus Enhancements FireStore
Specifically for the FireStore DV Direct-To-Edit Disk Recording Solutions.

Old September 30th, 2006, 08:20 AM   #1
Contributor

Repairing clips on the FS-4 Pro

Hi Matt,

I am currently trying to repair clips on my FS-4 Pro firmware v1.0.1.

I have managed to repair a few of the five or so clips which can't be recognized by my G4 DP1.42 PowerMac.

The question as to why some files are damaged is another issue.

What I would like to know now is; is there something you or your technical team could suggest as far as navigating to the damaged clips on the FS-4?

I have marked the files which need to be repaired when the FS-4 is mounted to my computer. But since the clips on the FS-4 are listed sequentially, I have no direct indication as to which date/time named file belongs to which numbered clip on the FS-4. And since The damaged clips that can be repaired will playback fine from the FS-4 over the camera, I can't find the clip optically.

I notice that the repaired clips appear with a new (current) date/time stamp name. Do the clip numbers reflect the order in which the clips were recorded and/ or repaired? I know that when a clip is deleted all the clips after that clip move down one number.

Is there a way to make a connection between the clip number and the File name of the clip in the computer finder other than counting the files in the when they have been sorted by name in ascending order?

Any help would be much appreciated

Frankenstein meets XL1
Daniel Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2006, 10:00 AM   #2
Contributor

As a work-around I have just attempted to capture the damaged clips (which play fine from the FS-4 to the camera or a monitor via a Canopus ADVC-100) directly into FCP 5 via the FS-4 DV I/O. FCP won't recognize the FS-4 as a video source (even when the clip is playing). I thought that the FS-4 plays back clips just like a camera would from tape. It appears that this is not the case, or the FS-4 is not giving FCP a signal that it is a playback device when it is playing back. Or I should be doing something I am not.

It looks like the only work-around left is to record the clip to tape and then capture the taped footage...

Any comment would be appreciated.

Frankenstein meets XL1
Daniel Kohl is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore