Firestore DR-DV5000 Stopped Recording at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore

Focus Enhancements FireStore
Specifically for the FireStore DV Direct-To-Edit Disk Recording Solutions.

Old December 14th, 2006, 01:40 PM   #1
New Boot

Firestore DR-DV5000 Stopped Recording

Has anyone had issues with their Firestore DR-DV5000 where it will turn on but not record? We use it with a JVC GY-DV5000.

Now I have been working at a community access station since March this year, so I am relying on other people for some of the past history of this drive.

This is the third time this has happened. Twice the drive has been sent in. The time the drive died on me was when we were outside shooting high school football. It was close to freezing that night. One other time they sent it in it was freezing that day.

If there is a temperature limit, then what is it?

No offense to the guys from Focus here, but I called Focus earlier this week (Monday?) and was told to fill out a form online. I filled out the form again today. No one has gotten back to us and apparently this has been the norm in the past.

I guess my questions are:

What do we do to fix the problem?
Is there a temperature limit?
Who do we need to call or contact to make sure our request is actually being processed?

Thanks!
Old December 18th, 2006, 09:26 AM   #2
New Boot

Just a quick update, I did get an email Friday.

Still wondering about the temperature issue though.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore