DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Focus Enhancements FireStore (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/focus-enhancements-firestore/)
-   -   DR-HD100 various topics (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/focus-enhancements-firestore/86418-dr-hd100-various-topics.html)

Mark Whittle February 8th, 2007 11:54 PM

I wasn't happy with the FS-4 being on the "wrong" side so I found an adapter called a PRO-X GO-TS. (Try googling).
I will post a picture when the batteries in the camera charge!

This adds quite a lot of weight to the camera. I also run an IDX X3 light and a radio mic receiver which attaches with velcro to the battery. Changing batteries is a matter of resticking the receiver to the new battery - the cables have enough slack.

I got my camera supplier to fit a D-tap plug with 2 cables ending in DC plugs. Luckily the FS4 & radio mic have the same socket. I modified the light with a matching socket as well.

I don't run all three accessories at once, if I did I would have to use either the FS-4's battery or the Radio mic's (2x9V) batteries as there's no way 3 power cables could come out of the D-tap plug, but I regularly use the light and the radio mic together for long periods like wedding receptions and the battery life is great. I can fully charge a flat battery before the one in use runs out.

It is essential for me to see what the FS-4 is doing as it has given me a great deal of trouble. It keeps failing, displaying no disc detected. It is U/S at the moment after having its HDD and PCB replaced a second time.

Fernando Hermoso February 9th, 2007 04:09 PM

Ninguna

Ninguna, no vas a tener ninguna información, vamos de hecho, cuando conectes el disco lo que grabes en cinta al mismo tiempo te saldrá en negro, es un bug de jvc que están estudiando a ver si le dan solucion, tan solo podrás vender tu vieja HD100 y pillarte una 201 jajajajajajajaja

Javier Tabares February 9th, 2007 05:21 PM

eres un cabroncete

mariconzon tu para animar eres el number one, joe yo ya no me fio ni de mi abuela tiene que verse algo. El folleto lo dice jajajaja

Kit Hannah February 9th, 2007 05:45 PM

Well, since this a forum in English, all you see is the minutes remaining on the drive.

Mark Whittle February 9th, 2007 10:12 PM

4 Attachment(s)
As promised, here are some images of the FS-4 mount on my HD111

J.R. Hughto February 13th, 2007 12:17 PM

DR-HD100 Accessories

On the Focus Enhancements' DR-HD100 product page, the accessories listed are the standard battery, the long life battery, a battery charger, a "wired remote control unit", and a camera mount kit. However, when I click on the "view the complete list of accessories", the only ones available are the two batteries.

I very much want the battery charger - does anyone know if the FS-4 equipment is interchangable with the DR-HD100? For example, could I get the charger listed under the FS-4 accessories and use it to charge my batteries? It would be great to be able to charge a battery while shooting.

Also, are the other accessories interchangeable? If I needed to purchase a replacement cradle (and if so, which one - the standard or the "high capacity") or a replacement AC adapter, would I purchase the FS-4 versions, since there are none listed for the DR-HD100?

Kit Hannah February 13th, 2007 05:41 PM

As far as the battery goes, I would highly recommend just getting an external 12 volt battery pack (you can get them in singles and belt style) to power it. The stock batteries are really not great, and the replacement battery, chargers, etc. will be very expensive. We have a 12 volt 14 amp/hour pack that was around $100 and will power each of our FS-4 HD units for about 20+ hours.

As far as the other accessories, All of the FS-4 products are esentially the same thing other than Software. All accessories are interchangeable.

J.R. Hughto February 13th, 2007 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kit Hannah
As far as the battery goes, I would highly recommend just getting an external 12 volt battery pack (you can get them in singles and belt style) to power it.

What do you get to get to go from 4 pin XLR to a normal plug? I assume you're just getting a Bescor or similar battery pack, and then using something to go from the standard 4 pin XLR to a "normal" plug. Sorry for the dumb question.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kit Hannah
As far as the other accessories, All of the FS-4 products are esentially the same thing other than Software. All accessories are interchangeable.

Is the DR-HD100 considered a FS-4 product?

Thanks so much for your advice!

Kit Hannah February 13th, 2007 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J.R. Hughto
What do you get to get to go from 4 pin XLR to a normal plug? I assume you're just getting a Bescor or similar battery pack, and then using something to go from the standard 4 pin XLR to a "normal" plug. Sorry for the dumb question.

Not a dumb question at all. Our beltpacks / batteries don't use a 4 pin xlr, they use a cigeratte lighter adapter type plug. We got the adapters at radio shack for like $9 and the little end it needs (size "O" I think") for another couple bucks. It would be easy enough to convert a 4 pin xlr though, as the 4 pin I don't think uses all of the pins, it's simply so you don't mix it up with a standard XLR. But we went that way because the HD-100's and the FS-4's don't have a 4 pin connector. They have a normal 12 Volt connector.

Quote:

Originally Posted by J.R. Hughto
Is the DR-HD100 considered a FS-4 product?

Thanks so much for your advice!

Yes, the FS-4 is the same thing. They are all identical in apearance except for the silk screening. What makes them different is their software. And you're welcome. If you have any other questions, no matter how dumb you may think they are, please ask. That's what this forum is for.

Bill Ravens February 14th, 2007 08:11 AM

I use an IDX NP7 battery system. The battery mount has a connection and wire accessory that fits the FS4 series of DTE's without modification. Usage time with an NP7 is about 3 hours, including using the battery to drive the camera.

Sergio Barbosa February 15th, 2007 08:53 AM

Hi, and thank you both for your replies!
In the meanwhile I went to my dealer's place, and they had an HD100 with the drhd100, so i checked it out.
They had a very nice accessory for mounting it, which places the disk after the battery, in a bracket pretty much like this one:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...ughType=search

It seemed to be a nice solution, even though I have to agree that your (Mark) solution is very good - we want to be checking if things are working while we're shooting.
They also had that D-tap splitter for the led light and for fedding the disk too. The whole system actually looked pretty good and i think I'm gonna go for it.

Again, thank you both.

Andreas Nistler February 18th, 2007 04:35 PM

DR-HD100, broken files

I'm using the DR-HD100 with the GY-HD100E, latest firmware (2.1). Thanks to the upgrade it records QuickTimes 750p25. Until now I've never had any problems with the firestore. But now it starts writing files that have the estimated size, but they seem to be broken. I can't access them, not via QuickTime Player (I'm on a MAC), the preview doesn't show up in the finder, nor in ADOBE Bridge, nor in mpegStreamClip or anywhere else. Tried everything. The "funny" thing is, that this issue appears randomly. I can take 30 clips on a long shoot (without powering the unit down) and 3 of the files are corrupt. Next time everything's just fine and two hours later 3 of 5 files are broken. Tried formatting and the build-in disk repair (under UTILITIES), but no luck. Any help?

Thanks in advance! (As you noticed: English isn't my first language...)

Jeffrey Butler February 21st, 2007 07:54 PM

DR-HD100 80 for JVC GY-HD200U - 720p60?

RE: JVC DR-HD100-80 FireStore Hard Disk Recorder with 80 GB Storage Capacity for JVC ProHD GY-HD100 Camcorder

I am days away from a JVC GY-HD200U and am contemplaing the HD100 as well, but according to a This leads me to conclude that is only does 30 and not the new 60; and also ask 2 questions:

1) Does the HD100 record 720p60
2) Is there an FS that does?

Thanks...

Shawn Kessler February 23rd, 2007 12:08 PM

DR hd 100 connection problems

hay Mark im having a problrm getting the 100 to mount to my mac.
I have mounted it before so this is out of the blue. I have upgraded to the
new firmware, have any ideas why it might be doing this? Ive also tryed
different cable no success. Any help would be appreciated.

thanks shawn

Jeffrey Butler February 23rd, 2007 01:16 PM

No, it does not.

Reverse sort emails w/ Focus regarding 60p.:
--
Negative! The firestore must have the same recording mode as the camera. Otherwise it will not work.

Phil
Technical Support
Focus Enhancements
---
Final question then - can the camera record 60p to tape and the DR record 30p at the same time? I plan on shooting 60p a lot - but I could be wrong...especially if I can't record it to disk....

Thanks for the prompt reply.
---
On Feb 22, 2007, at 5:50 PM, Support wrote:
The only current firestore that records "720/60p" is the "FS-100. But this unit is not compatible with JVC --DV or HD-- cameras. Other firestore models do not support this mode.
---
I am interested in the DR-HD100 for the "new" GYHD200 from JVC - and I'm trying to determine if it can record 720p60; and if not, if you have anything current product that does.
---