2 cameras and lights for under 10,000? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition

General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition
Topics about HD production.

Old May 3rd, 2011, 04:51 AM   #1
Regular Crew

2 cameras and lights for under 10,000?

Hi all,

can you please recommend what you think is a camera suitable for me please? I have searched for hours for the last camera I bought( Canon xm2) but am a bit out of the loop now....

Parameters:
*I make docs and interview type shorts for a disability service and want to make the move to HD.
*Output is onto DVD or youtube for small conferences and for parents of our clients etc. or our staff. So its not bigtime tv or anything.
*I want 2 HD cameras, preferably Sony or Canon.
*wheel grip for zoom and also for focus would be great.
*Weight is a consideration but not a dealbreaker.
*Last time I looked the likes of the Sony fx-7 was around €2000 and fx1000 was €3000 so entry level prosumer is what Id be after. If small lighting setup costs 1-2000 and you add in tripods/batteries/wideangle lenses etc. the price is close to €10,000.
*My pc should be beefy enough when the time comes to handle HD.and it has adobe cs4.

Which format is preferable these days? Currently capturing through firewire from mini DV tapes. Is avchd or memory cards up to scratch these days?I know htere where issues a couple years ago when I researched this topic last....

Much appreciate any guidance.
Brian.
Brian Manning is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition