Edius Demo Won't Start at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Grass Valley / Canopus NLE
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Grass Valley / Canopus NLE
All flavors of Edius; other Grass Valley / Canopus software & hardware.

Old May 9th, 2008, 11:38 PM   #1
Major Player

Edius Demo Won't Start

I'm trying Edius Pro on my laptop and it will start, sort of... it gets to opening the editor UI and then I get a (Windows XP Pro sp2) error message, "Sorry for the Inconvenience..." and shuts down. Any ideas why?

I'm on a Macbook running Windows XP Pro under Bootcamp, with an Intel Core2 Duo, 2 gigs of RAM and the weak spot, onboard graphics with 64 Mb of Video Ram.
Eric Lagerlof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2008, 11:53 PM   #2
Major Player

I'd say you'd have better luck with a solution to that problem here:

http://ediusforum.grassvalley.com/forum/
Old May 10th, 2008, 06:23 AM   #3
Regular Crew

You have you answer

Eric, you already knew the answer to your question!

You will notice below that the graphics card is very lacking in your MacBook.

The following is copied from the EDIUS Pro page http://www.canopus.com/products/EDIU...ndex.php#specs

Minimum System Requirements:

* Intel® Pentium® 4 3.0GHz CPU or faster (Intel Xeon® 2.8GHz dual processors recommended for HD/HDV editing, Hyper-Threading supported)
* 512MB RAM (1GB RAM recommended)
* 800MB free disk space for the application
* DVD-ROM drive for software installation
* Windows® XP Home or Windows XP Professional (Service Pack 2 or later)
* DirectX 9.0 or later
* Graphics card with 128MB of graphics memory, support for PixelShader Model 2.0 (i.e. DX9-based) or hardware-based DirectDraw overlay, and 32-bit color display at a 1024x768 resolution
* ATA100/5400rpm or faster hard disk recommended (Ultra SCSI 160 or better is required for playing two or more uncompressed video streams simultaneously)
* One free USB port (1.1 or higher) for software protection key
* Soundcard
Doug Okamoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2008, 12:43 AM   #4
Major Player

I signed up for the Edius Forums, I'm registered but awaiting e-mail to activate.

As to the 'minimum specs'. Probably a problem, but I wanted to double check. On the Mac side, Motion is not 'allowed' on a Macbook either, unsupported and way under the minimum for a graphics card. It runs fine on my macbook, a wee slow with a few layers, but it still gets the job done. So...

Also, a slow graphics card is not usually responsible for a WinXP error message that says, "Sorry, you've encountered an error...", which is my problem. Usually a slow graphics card will mean sluggish, strained performance. And every program balances its data handling differently, so a stronger processor with a weaker graphics card may still give me adequate, if not ideal, performance.
Eric Lagerlof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2008, 03:09 AM   #5
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Lagerlof View Post
I signed up for the Edius Forums, I'm registered but awaiting e-mail to activate.
The Edius/Canopus/Grass Valley forums are excellent at getting quick and to the point answers to specific issues on the Grass Valley products that are current. Things get quickly answered by Grass Valley employees and/or very knowledgeable users.

You'll find some of the same people here and there. However, there everything is very specific and to the point. It is the best company sponsored forum I know.
Jack Walker is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Grass Valley / Canopus NLE