capture/transfer ? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Grass Valley / Canopus NLE

Grass Valley / Canopus NLE
All flavors of Edius; other Grass Valley / Canopus software & hardware.

Old May 29th, 2010, 11:43 AM   #1
Inner Circle

capture/transfer ?

Good afternoon,

Recently I somehow managed to make my program decide that when I drag a clip to the time line it will not bring the audio with it. I can drag to the vid track and it comes, but then I have to drag a second time to the audio track, pretty weird one for me.

What have I done? better yet what is the fix?
Old May 29th, 2010, 02:41 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Check your buttons!

By default Edius puts two buttons above the Timeline "A" audio and "V" video. Check to see that one of the buttons have not been (accidentally) pressed. This is a common problem when editing quickly. (I went through the same problem when the buttons were first added.)

My fix...
go to the App Settings>Customize> remove the (annoying) buttons from the Timeline.
Some may dispute my fix, but I was happy without the buttons before their (default) appearance.
Old May 30th, 2010, 02:31 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Rusty,

I checked, the buttons were off and I ran some expiremnets and even if place a v/a track and drag down only one stream comes!!!!

I may have to reinstall as now the burn to disc is not working either.

I will make a new project here and see if that resolves the issues.

thanks

Update: alright, new project, darg to a v/a track and all is well, used the same clips.
I had 3 v tracks and 3 a tracks but no v/a track on the other project, made one but it still did not pull both. guess damage was done??

Now, after I and O marking the part you want to burn, burn to disc is not higholighted, go figure? trying to sort this out now.
Old May 31st, 2010, 08:00 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Dale, you might have accidentally clicked a little button that says (when you mouse over it) "use video...". This tells Edius to use only the video part of the clip, and there is another one right next to it if you want to use the audio part only.
Attached Thumbnails
capture/transfer ?-ediusbuttons.jpg  

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Grass Valley / Canopus NLE