Canopus now supports P2 with Edius v3.5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Grass Valley / Canopus NLE

Grass Valley / Canopus NLE
All flavors of Edius; other Grass Valley / Canopus software & hardware.

Old August 9th, 2005, 08:21 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Canopus now supports P2 with Edius v3.5

I have just noticed that the new Edius update, to v3.5, includes the following on P2 support which may be of interest here:
Quote:
. Panasonic P2 Support

- Edit and re-record directly to and from Panasonic P2 devices
- The hardware driver supplied with the P2 device must be installed first to enable realtime data reading off the P2 device and capture ability
- If the Panasonic P2 Viewer software (not supplied by Canopus) is detected on the system, it is automatically available from the EDIUS tool menu
- When capturing, P2 clips are processed according to the settings specified in the external P2 utility
- Project export is only available for SD resolution projects. Projects using an HD resolution must be switched to SD to obtain P2 export options
Unquote

This support only applies if you have the appropriate optional software module installed. There is also some additional Varicam and Sony XDCam support in this latest update.

I cannot comment on this in practice as I only use Edius with the Storm card and miniDV.
David Andrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2005, 03:34 PM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

Quote:
There is also some... Sony XDCam support in this latest update.
What do P2 and XDCAM have in common? The MXF file format, that's what. Nice move, Canopus!

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2005, 09:33 PM   #3
Skyonic New York

i was using this version of edius at the dv expo east at the panasonic booth, they were edting dvcpro-50 off p2 cards on a laptop, everything was rt as usual with edius..
Robert Mann Z. is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Grass Valley / Canopus NLE