Setting up edius 7.0 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Grass Valley / Canopus NLE

Grass Valley / Canopus NLE
All flavors of Edius; other Grass Valley / Canopus software & hardware.

Old April 27th, 2018, 11:00 AM   #1
Major Player

Setting up edius 7.0

I just upgraded to 7.52 from 6 on a new system that I built now that I'm shooting for 4K & XAVC
A number of questions that I need answered any help would be appreciated
When I set up my initial presets I did a 4K and I wasn't sure whether to put it at 59.94p or 29.97p all my 4K shot in 4:30 p
I initially set at 59.94 but that is greyed out now so I don't seem like an change it.
I have a 4K project opened up and it says device does not support the current format,switching to software mode. Meaning?

Also I have run speakers into the back of my computer into the green M put and I'm not hearing any sound off the timeline when I play back my audio even if I run headphones into those speakers.

At 4 now my last question is I have the 4K project on the timeline and I want to make it h 264 file for somebody it was preset at 25000000 should I leave it at that for the highest quality or should I lower it my client just wants the raw footage to edit on his premiere
One more thing at the bottom of my preview I normally see the timecode there and I'm not seeing it I've gone into the menu settings and tried to turn it on but I'm having no luck
I'm talking at the very bottom of the preview window not where you put the time code over the video
Jim Stamos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2018, 02:56 PM   #2
Wrangler

Re: Setting up edius 7.0

Some your questions might best be addressed at the GV WEB forums based on the number of users there vs. here. http://ediusforum.grassvalley.com/forum/

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Grass Valley / Canopus NLE