Zotz Digital does it again! - Page 5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > Great Deals from DV Info Net Sponsors

Great Deals from DV Info Net Sponsors
Your direct line to authorized DVi software and equipment vendors.

Old February 22nd, 2005, 08:00 PM   #61
Inner Circle

Back to Zotz, yeah great folks. They even waived a drop ship charge for me. I gotta chime in about that forgetfullness though. I was promised repeatedly that they would get back to me about a tracking number and they never did. I finally had to call the manufacturer, which maybe I should have done in the first place, but why promise if your not going to deliver? All in all, I was pretty happy though and plan on buying more from them, as it's my misfortune to live in the same state as B&H and have to pay tax.
Marco Leavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2005, 08:03 PM   #62
Major Player

Hi Vic...

I chose arbitrary currencies and used a somewhat 'round about way of getting you to explain what you mean...

So go ahead ... what do you mean ... seriously, your post confused me.

Respectfully, Jimmy.
Jimmy McKenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2005, 08:29 PM   #63
Wrangler

Victor,

To answer your question, there's no harm in asking for a small deal sweetener. Brian, Tom, or Christie at Zotz may or may not do so.

On the one hand, they deliver the most personal and personable service; on the other hand, it is pretty obvious they are a fairly new, small operation competing against internet goliaths...they may not have too much margin to work with and grow their business.

In this thread:

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...z&pagenumber=2

I wrote this about Zotz:
-----
I've done most of my business with Zotz Digital. They're small and do often have to drop ship (have stuff sent to you directly from manufacturer or distributor), as they apparently don't keep a large inventory of small or low volume items. BUT, you will never in your life have a more personal and enjoyable buying experience. You'll truly feel like Brian, Tom, and Christie are "friends in the business," not just someone selling you something by phone and email. If you're buying 2 of a big ticket item like the XL2 from them (plus accessories, I'm sure), they'll bend over backwards to make you a happy customer.

And tell 'em Pain-in-the-Butt-Pete from Houston said so! That'll either get you an additional discount OR hung up on! More likely the latter, now that I think about it. ;-)

-----

Enjoy all that new gear! I'm jealous, as I've eaten up my video toys budget for a while. ;-(
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2005, 03:38 PM   #64
Sponsor: Zotz Digital

For Victor; Victor, as you know, I did everything you asked, I shipped all of your products the next day upon being paid. I have you better than a $1200 discount on your camera and computer gear. I did exactly what you asked, and now you appear to have some difficulties with perfect service. I don't know how I can help more than to do everything, exactly as described. thanks again, brian
Brian Longley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2005, 03:45 PM   #65

for Mike Bode; hello Mike; please fill the community in on what happened after your last post. I have been fighting JVC now for a year for the SRVS30U deck. Matt Garrett at JVC admitted to me that the deck doesn't work for the XL, GL and PD series of camcorders. I finally got them to fix the deck that I replaced for you with a Sony DSR11. I refunded you for the used deck at full price, and applied that to the Sony. JVC has still not credited me for the deck, as they tell the public it "works fine" and then in emails to me they say: "we know it doesn't work with a lot of the mini dv camcorders out there"

I do my best, and I am terribly sorry for ever recommending it in the first place. It was my mistake to offer it in the first place. Those of you that have one, contact JVC and ask them to fix it for you. They claim that they will, I sure hope that happens for all.

on my being forgetful, sorry, it is a busy world. About my not providing tracking numbers to clients, sorry, I can't if the manufacturer will not provide them to us. There are still numerous makers out there that willnot even reply to our phone calls or emails with tracking for our clients when we drop ship to them. Thankfully, this number is going down, but has not yet gone to zero. Any product we get a tracking number for, we send to our client right away. Any product shipped to a client from our store, automatically gets a tracking number from Quantum View (UPS), or from Fedex directly. Since Quantum View usually appears as spam, most folks have these emails trapped in their spam filters.

thanks, brian
Old March 9th, 2005, 03:53 PM   #66
Inner Circle

I think I've mentioned it in other threads, but I'll add to this one. When I had problems with my New XL2, Brian stepped up for me and went to batt with Canon. Ultimately, it was all resolved and Brian's help was a large part of it.

I would not hesitate to reccomend buying from him, and will do so again in the future.
Richard Alvarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2005, 04:43 PM   #67
Tourist

It's true!

It’s true! Brian refunded the purchase price of the JVC deck and applied it to the Sony DSR-11. Although it was a bad experience it was not really Brian’s fault more the JVC deck. You can see that he doesn’t even offer to sell the deck anymore. Keep in mind I know that if I had purchased that deck from B&H I would probably still own it. Brian is an honest guy that will do what he can to keep his customers happy. I will continue to use Zotz for all of our future purchases.

P.S. I also once sent back a GL-2 right after purchase that had a speck of dust inside the lens and he replaced it immediately.

That’s good service!

Let me know if you hear anything about the GL-3’s Brian!

Go Zotz!
Old March 9th, 2005, 09:07 PM   #68
Trustee

I have had a problem of one kind or another at some point with every vendor I have ever done business with, it happens. I have also had problems with every manufacturer whose equipment I have used a lot. I have also been in business for 15 years and would be a liar if I said I had never made a mistake. Fortunately most of the clients I may have upset are still with me and I am grateful for that. I am not perfect.

My original intent in starting this thread was to say that when investing in new gear I try to think about where the money will go and what it will do, not just, what will I get for it. Given a choice I do business with small vendors because those dollars may help get a working person a raise or keep some lights on in the shop. To me, a small business operator, that makes me feel better than adding another story to a warehouse in Manhattan. Try calling one of those companies who have a far greater markup than a small vendor and try saying “I’ll buy that XL2 if you throw in a 10 pack of tape and an extra battery”. But isn’t it funny how for some people, when a guy answers the phone that knows your name, they feel entitled to extras even though his product is the same price as the giant vendors.

Many of my clients are loyal to me even though they know they could pay less some place else. They stay with me because of “how” I do business, not just because they like the product. It helps me hire freelancers and keep the lights on.

Steve
Old March 11th, 2005, 03:10 PM   #69
Regular Crew

Hello Brian,

Most of my posts here were written before we really got down to business. I wasn't really sure who you were, and you probably weren't really sure if I was a serious buyer. The problem with the diverted e-mails didn't help either.

So, I received everything I ordered and paid for from you as of last night.

Bottom line:

I don't know which is more impressive, the technology I now have in my possession or the way you run your business.

Zotz Digital has been one of the most ethic, competitively priced, friendly, professional companies I've bought from in a long time.

You saved me a ton of money, pretty much met my stringent deadlines, and pulled it all off with a smile and never let me see you sweat (even if you did).

As for myself, I don't think I've ever paid for anything like this by wire transfer. The Golden Rule had always been to pay with a credit card. However, the fact that you are a sponsor of this well-respected forum and the fact that it was possible to see what others had to say about Zotz here gave me the peace of mind I needed.

I am already recommending my friends to Zotz Digital!

Thanks, Brian!!!

<<<-- Originally posted by Brian Longley : For Victor; Victor, as you know, I did everything you asked, I shipped all of your products the next day upon being paid. I have you better than a $1200 discount on your camera and computer gear. I did exactly what you asked, and now you appear to have some difficulties with perfect service. I don't know how I can help more than to do everything, exactly as described. thanks again, brian -->>>

http://advaloreminternational.com
Victor Muh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2005, 12:04 PM   #70
Regular Crew

Based on information and recommendation on this board I ordered a HVR-Z1U from Brian at Zotzdigital. Brian and his team was extremely helpful and responsive in answering all questions and if I’m ever to order any new stuff from the US Brian will be the one I’ll turn to first.
Hans van Turnhout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2005, 06:08 PM   #71

XL H1 in stock!

Greetings to the DVI community, I have a few XL H1's so anyone that needs them, contact me. Once these are gone, we wait for our next shipment from Canon,

thanks, brian
Old December 1st, 2005, 08:52 PM   #72
Wrangler

Hey Brian, sent you an e-mail. I happily await my tracking number. I guess I won't be able to sleep for the next few days!

PS: Hey, why're you wasting time reading this post...shouldn't you be packing them thar H1's over to the FedEx drop! ;-)~

Happy Holidays!
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2005, 11:48 PM   #73
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Bauer
Hey Brian, sent you an e-mail. I happily await my tracking number. I guess I won't be able to sleep for the next few days!

PS: Hey, why're you wasting time reading this post...shouldn't you be packing them thar H1's over to the FedEx drop! ;-)~

Happy Holidays!
{wiping drool from face}Pete, I may just have to come to Houston this weekend afterall. Now I know what your hidden agenda was. :-)

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2005, 07:31 AM   #74
New Boot

Zotz Digital

Just wanted to throw in a plug for Zotz Digital. Brian is extremely helpful in my decision making for camera equipment purchases. To say that I am a little "green" when it comes to video stuff is an under statement. Brian is a wealth of knowledge and always has taken time to help out. Customer service is top notch! Brian has sent e-mails and called me on the phone with an answer to every question I ask.

Excellent place to purchase all of your camera gear! Thanks, Brian!
Micky McCrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2006, 12:20 AM   #75
New Boot

Many thanks to Brian at Zotz Digital

I agree. I had many questions about some equipment I was interested in for my new Z1, specifically some NRG items. I was having problems finding a helpful NRG dealer on line, so I called NRG directly. Paul at NRG called me back & suggested I ask Brian, or another local dealer. I happened to call Zotz first, and since then, Brian has gone way out of his way to email me back and forth numerous times, with very quick responses, with guidance as I decide what my best choices are. Exceptional customer service. Thanks Brian!
Daniel Lucas is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > Great Deals from DV Info Net Sponsors