Storefront Pictures of Brooklyn Website Shops at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > Great Deals from DV Info Net Sponsors
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Great Deals from DV Info Net Sponsors
Your direct line to authorized DVi software and equipment vendors.

Old December 27th, 2005, 03:09 PM   #1
Trustee

Storefront Pictures of Brooklyn Website Shops

Pictures of the physical addresses of website shops based in Brooklyn:

http://donwiss.com/pictures/BrooklynStores/

Cool to see the actual physical plant of B&H (it's huge!), not so cool to see some of the others...
Old January 17th, 2006, 02:24 PM   #2
Major Player

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!

That made my day! I was hunting around for a good online store and heard about the Brooklyn Dilemma. It's great to actually see how trashy the places really are.

My heart soars like a hawk. :)
Stephen Finton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2006, 01:40 PM   #3
Major Player

I actually bought my xl2 and a flat panel monitor from 2 of these companies who turned out to be the same one. I stumbled across this link myself a couple months ago when I was thinking about buying a second xl2. My first response was "No way Jose!" then I realized I had purchased from them in the past. You can't really judge a book by it's cover. It takes a huge investment to have a million dollars worth of display inventory on the floor, and a Disneyland skyway that carries your purchase from the warehouse to the salescounter isn't cheap. These guys hammer out a living going against the big guys and ideally offer savings through reduced overhead. Our company deals regularly with a guy that has an unmarked building. It's definitely a no frills environment. You walk in and there's three sales desks and a pile of sony boxes stacked to the ceiling which for a video geek is kind of it's own Disneyland.

P.S. This should probably be a sticky. I think people should have as much information as possible before making a video purchase, and Don Wiss has definitely done his homework. It's like finding that golden link that shows tune-up specs for every car made in the last 70 years.
Jason Varner is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > Great Deals from DV Info Net Sponsors