1000k difference in price, too good to be true? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > Great Deals from DV Info Net Sponsors
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Great Deals from DV Info Net Sponsors
Your direct line to authorized DVi software and equipment vendors.

Closed Thread

Old March 8th, 2006, 08:21 AM   #1
Inner Circle

1000k difference in price, too good to be true?

By this post, you might guess that I am in what I like to call 'pre-market' stages of looking to upgrade my camera invientory.

So I'm looking at the Sony HVR-Z1u and doing some 'pre-market' shopping. At B&H it runs around 4500 or so, and then I find this site and they list it for about 1k cheaper. I'm not about to jump on that boat without a lot of research.

My question I suppose is, are the prices for things starting to drop and establishments like B&H out of touch with the market, or is this site a sham or something.

It's one thing to gain customer service for a couple of hundered bucks, but a thousand would be a tough bite to swallow.

Just wondering.

Last edited by Boyd Ostroff; March 8th, 2006 at 08:59 AM. Reason: removed non-sponsor link
Old March 8th, 2006, 09:03 AM   #2
Wrangler

Wow, a "1000k" price difference is a million bucks! ;-)

Don't you see a huge red flag waving when someone advertises a Z1 for $1,000 less than B&H??? Their prices are always very competitive. You might save a few bucks by going somewhere else, but not anywhere near that much, and do you want the risk of dealing with a questionable business? When you buy from B&H and the other DVinfo sponsors you know you're dealing with a reputable company with great customer support.

We don't discuss pricing from non sponsors here. Please support our sponsors since they make DVinfo possible.
Old March 8th, 2006, 04:39 PM   #3
Obstreperous Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Davis
are the prices for things starting to drop and establishments like B&H out of touch with the market, or is this site a sham or something.
Answer: a sham or something. B&H is by no means out of touch with the market; in fact they pretty much set the standard on pricing that the rest of the legitimate dealers follow. Any price that is $1,000 below a B&H price is indeed too good to be true.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > Great Deals from DV Info Net Sponsors