DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Great Deals from DV Info Net Sponsors (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/great-deals-dv-info-net-sponsors/)
-   -   Tapeworks Texas (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/great-deals-dv-info-net-sponsors/69357-tapeworks-texas.html)

Jonathan Nelson June 14th, 2006 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith Forman
It's here! It's here! Y'all can't see it, but my HD100 just showed, and I'm a doin the Snoopy Happy Dance!!!

I myself can't wait to do that in a few weeks. However, I will be having double the fun since I am ordering 2 of them. One to lose and the other to use. Probably order them from tapeworks.

I am way cooler then you...

K. Forman June 15th, 2006 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonathan Nelson
I myself can't wait to do that in a few weeks. However, I will be having double the fun since I am ordering 2 of them. One to lose and the other to use. Probably order them from tapeworks.

I am way cooler then you...

Uh-uh! Are not!

Jonathan Nelson June 15th, 2006 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith Forman
Uh-uh! Are not!

oh yeah, your so much cooler with your hd100 and gl1.

Patricia Lamm July 6th, 2006 12:22 PM

I just wanted to add my voice to those happy with the service from Tapeworks Texas. In particular, Scott Cantrell has been an extremely knowledgable source of information and help to me over the last week, even rushing an order over to a FedEx location himself (because I ordered after their last pickup of the day) so that I could receive an item in time for a shoot. In addition, I'm learning to my chagrin that their prices are much better than what I've been paying at another well-known (and excellent) site. I can say that I highly recommend Scott & Tapeworks Texas!

Michael Best July 6th, 2006 02:00 PM

Dittos, they never make you feel like it's 'time' to get off the phone..

Justin Deming August 29th, 2006 11:06 AM

Hey, just wanted to add another success story. I wanted to get an HD-100 while I could get the free AB battery kit. I had 90% of the money ready, but needed one more paycheck to get it. I discovered that B&H was out of new HD-100's, and Tapeworks was had only a few left.

They held one for me for about 10 days till I could get paid. They didn't have to do that. They could have sold that camera to someone else a week sooner, but instead they kept it for me. I also got a good price, and didn't pay shipping.

I'm glad I chose tapeworks, the other company wouldn't have done all that for me.

Eric Kome October 11th, 2006 01:37 PM

More praise for TapeWorks Texas and Scott Cantrell

I can't say enough about Texas TapeWorks and Scott Cantrell. I had to completely re-outfit our video department with updated gear - camera (jvc gy-hd110), deck, monitor, sticks, drives, etc. Scott was a HUGE help, spent a lot of time with me recommending stuff, working with our constraints, and not pressuring me at all as we waited for the accounting red tape on my side.

He made sure we had everything we needed down to the last cable, and was a real pleasure to work with. plus, their prices were far better than any that i could find online at other retailers.

we'll be doing all future business with TapeWorks. I highly recommend them.

Jeffrey Butler April 5th, 2007 05:08 PM

Kudos to Scott @ Tapeworks

Thanks to Scott Cantrell at Tapeworks for spending an inordinate amount of time with me on the phone regarding a big order...I really appreciate your efforts.

Jeff

Reid Bailey June 12th, 2007 08:38 AM

Does anyone know a supervisor or manager at Tapeworks?

I just placed my first order there and am not real happy with how things are playing out. I just want to take care of this as quickly as possible.

I usually order from B&H and have never had a problem, but wanted to try Tapeworks because of the reviews here.

I can post details here once things get worked out, which hopefully won't take too long.

Dan Keaton June 12th, 2007 04:51 PM

Have you called them and explained the problem?

Is this a problem with a delay in shipment?

Scott Cantrell June 13th, 2007 09:57 AM

Reid Bailey,

Hello Sir! My name is Scott Cantrell and I am the Sales Manager at TapeWorks Texas Inc. Dontae Housley was your sales rep here and processed your order for the GYHD110U package. I will be contacting you promptly to discuss any discrepencies you have with your order. Please note that if you ever have any concerns, you can contact us toll free 866-827-3489 and we will do everything we can to resolve the issue.

Best Regards,
Scott Cantrell
Sales Manager
TapeWorks Texas Inc - HDVinfo Sponser

Reid Bailey June 13th, 2007 01:51 PM

Scott's been in touch and I'll be contacting him.

I'll keep the info posted...

Jonathan Schwartz October 3rd, 2007 10:31 PM

Scott Cantrell

Just wanted to echo praise to Scott at Tapeworks for his down to earth attitude and willingness to get your order how you want it. I needed an A1 for a shoot on Friday and Scott found a camera to get to even though he was out of stock. Then when I ordered the Libec L38 tripod the case did not fit. Scott contacted Libec and they will be sending out new larger cases so the tripod and feet can fit in the bag. It was refreshing after dealing with larger companies to have the personal attention that Scott and Tapeworks brings to the table. Keep up the great work!

Jonathan Schwartz
Owner, CA Video Productions

Reid Bailey October 8th, 2007 07:55 AM

Forgot to repost here...

My order did get worked out. There was some miscommunication but they did make it right in the end.

Brent Kolitz October 8th, 2007 01:50 PM

Scott at Tapeworks is a class-act

I also want to jump on the bandwagon, praising Scott Cantrell at TapeWorks Texas.

I recently bought my JVC equipment with his help -- he truly is a pleasure to work with. Scott is simultaneously personable, professional, and goes above and beyond to help, both before & after the purchase.

I can't recommend him highly enough, and I'll continue to check with him first before making future purchases.