DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Great Deals from DV Info Net Sponsors (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/great-deals-dv-info-net-sponsors/)
-   -   Tapeworks Texas (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/great-deals-dv-info-net-sponsors/69357-tapeworks-texas.html)

Richard Osuna June 11th, 2006 09:13 PM

Tapeworks Texas

I just wanted to share my experience about Tapeworks Texas, which I learned of from this forum.

On Tuesday, I placed an order for the JVC HD100...by Friday I received it and paid nothing for shipping. The service was the best and I would certainly buy from them again.....

Just wanted to throw that out there. Also...thanks for everyone for the tips and advice.

I have one more question....My setup is as follows....any advice/suggestions?

Dual Core AMD w/1GB memory
160 GB internal HD
500 GB external HD w/ firewire b (the external is going to be used exclusively for capturing/editing with IEEE B port)

I plan to connect my camera to the 6-pin Firewire port (I know not to hot swap) and the 500 GB hard drive to the 9-pin IEEE b port on the computer. If my firewire card has three ports (1-6 pin/2-9 pin) does it matter if I connect the camera and the hard drive at the same time? I am still new to firewire.

Can anyone recommend a cleaning kit for the JVC camera/lens? Thanks!

K. Forman June 11th, 2006 09:20 PM

How'd you rate the free shipping? I got charged a pretty penny plus a bit on sales tax!

Richard Osuna June 11th, 2006 09:43 PM

great!

The free shipping (Texas to Nevada) was very quick. The camera was supposed to be here on Monday, but it arrived on Friday at 5PM.

My wife almost killed the UPS driver because he was about to just leave the camera in plain sight at the door even before anyone answered it. Imagine if we weren't home?

Isa Totah June 12th, 2006 01:38 AM

Ditto

I concur. I've had a great experience with Tapeworks Texas. The customer service is second to none. I bought my HD100 from them and also some Senheiser mics and the experience was great. And for a case I wanted, they even recommended a competitor that was running a promotion that they couldn't match. How often do you hear that?

Dennis Stevens June 12th, 2006 12:27 PM

I also recommend them. I got my HD 100UA, for a very good price, and the shipping wasn't too bad for Texas to Massachusetts.

Got a call from the President of the company just making sure I got everything, and I filled out the AB power promo documents correctly.

Scott Jaco June 13th, 2006 07:50 PM

Why is there such an overwhelming need to give props to Tapeworks?

I’m not doubting that they have OK deals but this is getting out of hand.

Why don’t they just change the website from dvinfo.net to Tapeworks.com?

Michael Best June 13th, 2006 08:49 PM

These are the things we want to know Scott - Too much drama Sir

K. Forman June 13th, 2006 08:56 PM

Well. just for you Scott, we could recommend several terrible places to buy from. Everybody else ought to know who treats you right. I almost bought my gear from B&H, which is by all rights, a reliable place. I just didn't like the way the salesman was bored by my call. Not only were they friendly and helpful at TWT, but they did give me a decent break on the cam and stuff. How many other places can you say were that easy to do business with?

Tim Holtermann June 14th, 2006 10:29 AM

Scott, this is the second post I've read from you complaining about the mention of Tapeworks. Why don't you just let the moderators do their job and if you don't like these posts, skip over them.

I've never bought from Tapeworks as I'm in Southern CA and I run over to EVS as they treat me well. The reason why this should be talked about is because the more support we give to certain establishments the more they give back. This helps everyone by giving us better prices, better confidence in our purchase and better support. Believe it or not but some people don't know where to buy things.

In the case of EVS - the people that work there are not just a bunch of kids trying to find their way through life. Most are workring professionals in the industry that supplement their income. They post information, first hand knowledge of equipment, and so on.

Let us help those that help us.

K. Forman June 14th, 2006 10:35 AM

I ordered on Friday, they got the wire on Monday, and my camera is on the UPS truck, headed to my house today! Woohoo!

Gary Williams June 14th, 2006 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Holtermann
Scott, this is the second post I've read from you complaining about the mention of Tapeworks. Why don't you just let the moderators do their job and if you don't like these posts, skip over them.

I've never bought from Tapeworks as I'm in Southern CA and I run over to EVS as they treat me well. The reason why this should be talked about is because the more support we give to certain establishments the more they give back. This helps everyone by giving us better prices, better confidence in our purchase and better support. Believe it or not but some people don't know where to buy things.

In the case of EVS - the people that work there are not just a bunch of kids trying to find their way through life. Most are workring professionals in the industry that supplement their income. They post information, first hand knowledge of equipment, and so on.

Let us help those that help us.

Great statement Tim you hit the nail right on the head. Its the same reason we all bought from JVC in the first place and why JVC is so attentive to these forums, they want loyal customers who are happy with their products as well as sevice and the good word spread amoung'st many only means more business for them. Same is true for the retailer B&H use to be the company to beat but not any more customer service has gone down over the years. What was it in the forum not to long ago they were selling old stock HD-100's with the old problems and claiming it was new stock, it was at that point I immediately scratched them out as a vender I would buy from {ask for one thing and get another}. My money was spent with a company I felt I could trust based on information from forums like this and a forum like this is why B&H did not get my business. If companies like Tapeworks or EVS ect... are willing to make us great deals on equipment, give us good service and support then why would we not do the same for them by spreading the word, its only logical. It is the same bases JVC has built their success on since the interduction of the HD-100. I rest my case.

Dennis Stevens June 14th, 2006 02:15 PM

Just agreeing with Tim, even if all this praise seems a bit much, remember there are sooooo many rip-off places compared to the number of trusted vendors.

Also factor in how much money this type of equipment costs - at least it's a lot for me :-) and you see how valuable it is to know who can be trusted.

Greg Boston June 14th, 2006 03:05 PM

We have other such 'sponsor praise' threads but they are in the sponsor's forum. I am going to move this thread over there because it seems a better place than just the JVC forum.

regards,

-gb-

K. Forman June 14th, 2006 04:07 PM

It's here! It's here! Y'all can't see it, but my HD100 just showed, and I'm a doin the Snoopy Happy Dance!!!

Scott Jaco June 14th, 2006 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg Boston
We have other such 'sponsor praise' threads but they are in the sponsor's forum. I am going to move this thread over there because it seems a better place than just the JVC forum.
-gb-

Thank you. I'm just trying to keep the spamming to a minimum.

Scott