4k Video Camera at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > HD and UHD ( 2K+ ) Digital Cinema

HD and UHD ( 2K+ ) Digital Cinema
Various topics: HD, UHD (2K / 4K) Digital Cinema acquisition to distribution.

Old December 6th, 2016, 01:34 AM   #1
Major Player

4k Video Camera

Hi all. Haven't been on the forum for a long time but would really appreciate some input.
I'm looking to upgrade my video camera. Had faithful service from my Canon XH-A1 and have pushed it way beyond its use by date.
I have three main requirements:
1) 4k video
2) Minimum 20x optical zoom
3) Good low light capabilities.
We have a Phantom DJI4 drone but on some days the weather precludes its use and a good tripod camera capable of good auto focus under zoom (with background clutter of waves etc) would be a good option. Any suggestions?
Bill Watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2016, 07:14 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: 4k Video Camera

We are all waiting to see some reviews of the low light but I think that the Panasonic HC-X1 or AG-UX180 may fit your needs. Other than the older XC1000 or Sony PXW-Z100 and FDR-AX1 they are the only reasonably priced cameras that have 20x zoom and also shoot 50/60P UHD and 4K DCI.
Ron Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2016, 01:09 PM   #3
Major Player

Re: 4k Video Camera

Cheers Ron. I was looking at the XC1000 but hesitant on a model that might date very shortly. I have a Nikon D750 which I use for still photography. Have had a play with that over the last couple of days and may use it as a stop gap until something else comes along. Thanks for your input.
Bill Watson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > HD and UHD ( 2K+ ) Digital Cinema