DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Helping Hands (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/helping-hands/)
-   -   Helping Hands from 2004 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/helping-hands/10439-helping-hands-2004-a.html)

Mike Rehmus June 9th, 2004 10:55 PM

Need a second camera for a free shoot

What else but free, right?

This is a public service event.

just about 60 years ago, a couple of Navy Ammunition ships that were loading ammunition, exploded in Port Chicago, near Concord, (Northern) California. IIRC, this event killed more than 100 sailors and civilians, and just about flattened the town.

On July 17th at 10 am, they are having a memorial service for those who were killed. I'm going to tape the event and see if we can scare up some support for a physical memorial for these forgotten people.

So if you would like to participate, please call or email me. I'll furnish the PD150 and ask you to grab B-Roll and cut-aways.

michael.rehmus@byvideo.com or 707 643-1970.

I'll be on vacation from 6-11 to 6-26 so don't expect a reply until the end of this month.

What's in it for you? Certainly a copy of the tape, a chance to meet people who may decide to employ$ you for other events. I taped the local Memorial Day Ceremony and provided tapes to all the principals. As is usual when I give away services, I've already received one paid booking from a customer I'd never otherwise connect with.

Justin Weily June 12th, 2004 02:18 AM

Address for Bloopers

If you have any clips to send, please can you send to the following address; La Lande, Marquay, France 24620.
Cheers
Justin

Michael Moore June 12th, 2004 12:21 PM

Hi Dylan,

I live in Vancouver and would love to help out. As far as the deferred payment goes that is no problem, I am not into video to make money I am into it for the love of making movies. I have done some work on a few documentaries and have a regular gig on Monday nights. I am not sure if my skills are enough to be a camera man but I still would like to help out (I can be the gaffer bit*h) ether way I have a DVC80 and a good mic so if you need a hand please let me know.
Michael Moore
evamikem@hotmail.com

PS
What kind of project is it that you are shooting?

Keith Loh June 12th, 2004 01:20 PM

It is for the documentary footage of a short film. The documentary footage will be part of the whole package which is behind the scenes style shooting, short interviews of a crew making an action-oriented short. Mostly handheld but with tripod as well. The camera(s) will be XL1S.

Sharon Fraats June 13th, 2004 06:26 PM

A House is needed to shoot the final scene in Chicago.

To all members a friend of mine is in need of a house to shoot a scene one was scheduled for him however the owner is in New York with his band. The necessity of getting a house locked down as an actress is flying in for the shoot. Needed is a middle class or upper class house with usage of living room and the dining room on June 18th, remunerations are in order as well.

Please email back to me if you could be of any help in this area.

Sharon Fraats June 13th, 2004 10:40 PM

Thanks for putting me in the right place. Many Thanks

Ed Szarleta June 14th, 2004 12:18 PM

Steadicam Operator For Hire

Steadicam operator for hire in the Central Florida area. Full support for all prosumer cameras 4 pounds and up, utilizing Steadicams latest technology. Step up your production value ten fold. Dolly also available in package. Email me for rates and openings.

Yi Fong Yu June 14th, 2004 12:49 PM

anyone in Boston or surrounding New England area? Looking for crew to...

start a new production co. to make short flicks. i suppose this is all very cliche but i'm just wondering if there any willing and able filmmakers in the New England area (specifically BOston, MA where i live). we'll be doing fiction.

K. Forman June 14th, 2004 04:51 PM

Hi Ed- It's nice to know you're in the neighborhood.

Charles Papert June 14th, 2004 05:41 PM

Hi Ed, which rig are you flying?

Sharon Fraats June 14th, 2004 08:20 PM

Is there anyone from Chicago out there?

Please.....

Dennis Sladek June 14th, 2004 10:43 PM

Hi Shaaron,

I'm in Chicago proper. What area of Chicago do you want to be in? Drop me an email. sladek@core.com

Sharon Fraats June 14th, 2004 10:51 PM

Thank you I shall reply.

Thank you very much

Joshua Starnes June 15th, 2004 11:57 AM

I work with a Canon XL1 in Houston and I've got about 6 years worth of experience. I've also got a small light kit and a pretty good sound kit. What are you looking for?

Murat Tunaz June 16th, 2004 08:49 AM

Hallo Ihr beiden,

hier ist noch jemand aus "good old germany".

Grüsse aus Hannover

Murat