DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Helping Hands (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/helping-hands/)
-   -   Helping Hands from 2004 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/helping-hands/10439-helping-hands-2004-a.html)

Rick Jimenez April 14th, 2004 06:23 PM

Hands needed in Ventura, CA

I am in Ventura, CA getting ready to shoot my first short film. I write and direct and can operate the camera, mics, etc but would prefer to work with others who are interested in projects like this. Right now it's for fun/film festival kind of stuff so there's no $$ involved.

I am using a Canon XL1s and have some decent audio equipment and some lighting equipment. Anyone who is interested in camera work, audio, or just helping out to get a cool end product let me know.

All of the pre-production has been completed (permits, props, etc.) I am having auditions on 4/17 and 4/24 so I should have my cast assembled by the end of April, hoping to shoot in May.

Thanks,
Rick

Zbigniew Z Laskowski April 15th, 2004 06:02 AM

Hi Brian !
I live little too far from Keys (Dade/Broward border, but who knows !?
Maybe someday, maybe some job ...
Greetings !

K. Forman April 15th, 2004 08:23 AM

I remember being lost on the way to the Keys many years ago. My cycle developed severe issues going over the bridge to Big Duck Key, causing me to have to walk it back into Homestead.

Some day, I'll actually make it down there!

Joe Carney April 16th, 2004 08:40 AM

Would anyone object to meeting in Rosslyn? I could look for meeting space (no I don't know of any yet, but I'll look if all are interested.)

Rosslyn is downtown Arlington, just across the Key bridge from Georgetown. Several hotels and lots and lots of office space abound. There is also a convenient metro stop with direct access to several restaurants. Plenty of paid parking options too (meters are free after 6 pm).

Let me know folks.

Joe C.

Barry Gribble April 16th, 2004 10:30 AM

I have no objection to crossing the river, I would just rather not pay for space if we can avoid it...

Mark Argerake April 16th, 2004 06:22 PM

Rick - do you have actual shoot dates or locations yet? How long a shoot will it be (days? weekends?)?

Rick Jimenez April 16th, 2004 06:34 PM

The shooting schedule isn't set in stone yet, but it will definitely be on the weekends. The restaurant that I have a permit to shoot in will be done from 5am-7am before it actually opens to the public. All of the other scenes take place early as well so I think most of the shooting days will be wrapped up by noon.

The other scenes take place in apartments, a car, and a dirt lot.

The movie is only about 15min. long so there isn't a whole lot of production involved.

Craig Shosted April 16th, 2004 09:21 PM

Jim,

I am in Salt Lake with an XL1s. I'd be interested to help you out. Let me know.

Joe Carney April 17th, 2004 09:28 AM

Free space is the goal.

Richard Tamayo April 18th, 2004 08:23 PM

looking for video editing job

Just a question for job searching reference.What would a person look up as a proper search Title, when looking for a video editing job?What do they call a person who does non-linear editing out in the proffessional world?Would it be under Broadcasting or Graphic artist or what would you search for when looking for a job?What would you call yourself if you were riting a resume?
Sorry, if I am in the wrong section ,didn't quite know were to put this.

K. Forman April 18th, 2004 09:19 PM

Look at Mandy.com, under Production jobs. There you will see ads looking for Avid experts, FCP Pros, NLE Editors, and many other titles.

I guess the answer would be, whatever fits you best.

Nancy Scott April 19th, 2004 09:15 AM

Joe: I'm happy to meet in D.C., VA or MD .. and free space sounds good to me.

Joe Carney April 19th, 2004 12:56 PM

For those interested, I would like a head count just to know what size room to look for. Anyone who repondes to this post, I'll get a notice, just post something like 'I'm there' or something.

Kris Holodak April 19th, 2004 12:59 PM

Include me in your head count, though I may not make the first one. Crossing the river is fine, especially if we're timing it for right after work. I find that if I go home first I never get back downtown or to VA.

Alfred Tomaszewski April 19th, 2004 07:31 PM

looking for experienced DPs in Michigan

My company Scrambled Visual is looking for people with experience with film 16mm and 35mm to be DPs and 1st ACs. We have a few music videos that are coming up that we are looking to shoot on 16mm. If you are interested reply to this post or send me an email: alfredbot9000@yahoo.com