Helping Hands from 2004 - Page 23 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old July 12th, 2004, 02:22 PM   #331
New Boot

Rental Houses in Western NY

I will be needing some additional DV cameras for use in October and would rather rent the cameras then buy them if possible, does anyone in Western NY know of any rental houses near buffalo or rochester that rent DV cameras like the XL1 or V1000's?
Any help would be helpful Also if there are any freelancers in the area that are looking for 2 days worth of work with such cameras please e-mail me or post a reply. Thanks

Mark
Old July 12th, 2004, 02:49 PM   #332
New Boot

You mentioned you can work the Western NY area, what are your rates and such for a weekend job filming a cheerleading comp.??

Thanks

Mark
mrbaseballny@yahoo.com
Old July 12th, 2004, 04:00 PM   #333
New Boot

In Buffalo try:

Squeaky Wheel
www.squeaky.org

Crest AV
1-800-CRESTAV
(716) 885-5878
information@crestav.com

If they dont have it they should know who does.

Rebecca
Old July 12th, 2004, 07:34 PM   #334
New Boot

Crew needed for indie feature shoot in Chicago

Hi, I'm the DP and a co-producer for an extremely low budget (pretty much no budget) reshoot of a DV feature film called "For Steppers Only" written and co-directed by Anthony Batie, Sr. The basic story is about an African American girl named Monique who's college career is interupted by college funds. She soon learns of a dance contest named "For Steppers Only". Monique uses this as a strategy to overcome her financial as well as numerous emotional problems that happen along the way. The project is in pre-production stage and is schedule for it's first meeting July 17. This is to get the key crew members organized, discussion of the story and creation of a rough shooting schedule. We're looking for the following crew members:

Production manager, location scouts, set designer, assistant director (a must for organization), camera assistants, grips and sound.

Equipment:
This will be a 2-3 camera shoot utilizing a Canon XL1s, Sony VX2000 and possibly a Sony VX2001. We have basic grip equipment which consists of 2 fluid head tripods, a tripod dolly, a small jib arm, a homemade glidecam (hey it works), an possibly a dolly made with a flatbed garden wagon with pneumatic tires (a cheap trick there).

Lighting wise (a "home depot" light kit): 2 worklights on stands, 1 worklight sitting on ground as fill, 4 clamp worklights, variety of 100W-200W light bulbs, colored flood light bulbs, color gels, ND1.2 and CTB gels, diffusion, china balls.

Sound: Azden SGM-X shotgun mic (1/8" mini jack), Beringer mic amp with LED VU meter, boom pole. 4 2-way radios for core crew members(Director,AD,DP,PM).

And finally... Gaffers tape (in a variety of black and flourescent green and blue )

Seriously though if any possible crew members have equipment they're willing to donate (wireless mics a plus) feel free. If not we expect to use what we have and still treat this production as serious as possible. Production will probably be for a couple weeks in August. Food will be provided. This would be a good experience for any hungry, serious filmmakers out here in the Chicago area who's in the same grind looking to network and build up there skills. Age isn't an issue either (I'm just 18 myself) you just need to have the will to do this.

If interested send an email to: lkd_852003@yahoo.com

Kris,
Old July 12th, 2004, 07:56 PM   #335
Wrangler

Charles Papert shoots a short, seeks helping hands in L.A.

Hello gang:

Like the title reads, I'm shooting (as in DP'ing) a short film starting this Saturday the 17th and running through the following Sunday the 24th. I don't normally do these any more unless I am directing, but the script on this one convinced me to jump back in one more time!

I am using a DVX-100a with a Mini35 setup and a Zeiss lens package. We have some interesting lighting challenges ahead of us. We are still finalizing the grip/electric side of things, and desperately need crew in those departments. If there are any DVI'ers out there who want to help out and perhaps glean some lighting nuggets from the experience, we'd be happy to have you. Also, we need a camera p.a.--again, an opportunity to get some solid experience.

The lead actor is Sam LLoyd, who plays Ted the Lawyer on "Scrubs". Very talented.

Please email me with responses (or post here with questions).

Thanks all,
Old July 12th, 2004, 09:21 PM   #336
New Boot

please call...

Dear Mark,

Hello. Please email or call me, I need to know more details and then I'll have the answer for you. :) I sent you a email already!

regards,
Wei
Old July 13th, 2004, 08:49 AM   #337
Regular Crew

Actors/actresses needed in D.C area

Hi, I am looking for non-SGA actors/actresses to help out with making multiple DV projects. I live in MD, Gaithersburg but can come out to D.C any time. If interested please email me at
num20@yahoo.com

Thanks
Old July 14th, 2004, 08:48 AM   #338
Regular Crew

Charles just bring that project to the ATL and I'll be happy to AC for you.
Old July 14th, 2004, 10:16 AM   #339
Wrangler

Chas, just bring it across the pond to the UK, and I'll jump on board quite happily!!! all the best for the shoot.

Good things come to those who wait

My Skiing web www.Frostytour.co.uk

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Old July 14th, 2004, 10:19 AM   #340
Capt. Quirk

If you have a spare couch, I'd be honored to help out!
Old July 14th, 2004, 11:05 AM   #341
Wrangler

You guys are all very sweet, too bad you are all GU (geographically undesirable).

That, incidentally, is an LA dating term: with a city this big, finding out that the person you are interested in lives on the other side of town makes them GU...!
Old July 14th, 2004, 11:32 AM   #342
Wrangler

You can't get a break--even if you do live in L.A., there's still no guarantee you live in L.A.!

---- used to live there, and will again someday
V

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | The best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Old July 14th, 2004, 11:42 AM   #343
Inner Circle

>>That, incidentally, is an LA dating term: with a city this big, finding out that the person you are interested in lives on the other side of town makes them GU...!
<<

Hmmm, what a great way to handle a one night stand:)
Old July 14th, 2004, 01:56 PM   #344
Trustee

Yep, LA is GU. When I was dating, I would just not drive from Atlanta to Lower Alabama.

Good luck on the project Charles. Even if I had additional vacation time, just not enough experience to help. But I could day dream, right? :)
Old July 14th, 2004, 03:01 PM   #345
Capt. Quirk

Charles- I was serious... I have no problem picking up and leaving the wife and kids!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands