Helping Hands from 2010 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old January 12th, 2010, 10:17 AM   #16
Regular Crew

Music Video

Hi,

I can assist you with your video.

Mike Ferrara
321-480-2567
www.hapdigital.com
Old January 13th, 2010, 09:56 AM   #17
Major Player

Hello,

I might be able to help you too. Never done an MTV style video though, just a few concerts and recitals (multicam). The students and college professors liked my work. (Even made a little money!)
Old January 13th, 2010, 04:10 PM   #18
Trustee

Need shooter in New Orleans 1st week of Feb

Looking for videographer with own gear (lights, HD camera, audio) to shoot interview in New Orleans 1st week of Feb. Should be about an hour start to finish. Will know more on location shortly.
Please PM me or email with prices, gear, and where I can view samples of interviews you've recorded.
HDV is fine but also could take SDHC.

Last edited by Robert Turchick; January 13th, 2010 at 07:24 PM.
Old January 14th, 2010, 10:44 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Looking for job

I know many are, but posting here can't hurt...

I am a Multimedia/Digital Entertainment major that graduated in may of 2009; I’m looking for any entry level job I can get my hands on at say a production house or TV station. I understand that just having a degree in a related field is not everything; you still must deliver in the end. Right now I shoot weddings on the side with my XL2 and HV20, I do the whole deal, custom menus using after effects and encore... I prefer Vegas but have been coming to my own with premiere (I like the work flow between premiere and AF better). I am by no means an old dog at this, I understand that I don’t know everything and don’t let my ego get in the way of people criticizing me… Training someone that knows “everything” is a nightmare. But I’m not that person.

I know many of you are looking for jobs as well, but there are also those of you that know where to find jobs and have friends that can get jobs and what not, that is where I fail and that is why I’m posting here… It’s not what you know, it’s who you know. So if any of you know of any jobs that might work for me, please let me know. I’m not opposed to relocation if that’s what it takes.

Thanks

David Grinnell
Old January 15th, 2010, 10:33 AM   #20
Trustee

Anyone? Need to get this locked in by the end of next week.
Old January 18th, 2010, 04:52 AM   #21
Major Player

Looking for experienced DP for film shoot in Pakistan

Hi

We are making a full-length feature which is to be shot entirely in Karachi, Pakistan and for which we need an experienced DP with showreel and references. We propose the film to be shot entirely on location (no sets) so there will be a lot of tight spaces in apartment buildings, offices etc. The medium will most probably be 4K RED or similar so experience and proficiency is vital in this area.

We're looking to get local and foreign funding for this film which is intended for showing in various international film festivals.

The duration of the filming looks to last about 4-6 weeks.

If there are any specific questions please do email me: jafri@rola.tv

- Ali Jafri
Old January 18th, 2010, 05:55 PM   #22
Major Player

Need a quality videographer :: Bay Area Shoots

Anyone live in the Bay Area or Los Angeles and want some wedding gigs?

This is my second year as a wedding videographer and I have had to turn down business because I don't have a second videographer.

Most of my clients either want one videographer or two for the ceremony only. On April 10th I have to be in Los Angeles to shoot a wedding and need a videographer who can shoot one in Belmont, CA.

I'm looking for a videographer who has...

• done 5+ weddings
• shoots on HDV or XDCam or both ( I don't need any DV, just HD)
• owns quality onboard camera light and shoulder mount or a steadicam
• Manfrotto Tripod or better
• owns a shotgun mic and wireless lapel mic
• Wide Angle Lens is a huge plus.

I have an idea what I will pay for 2 hour and 8 hour gigs, but let me know what your rate is.

Also, if you are in the same situation where business is ramping up and you need a second videographer too let me know.

Let me know your rate, the equipment you use and send me any clips of weddings you have done. I'm looking for decent quality, someone who can get shy people to talk on camera and who has an eye for storytelling.

Kelly

Last edited by Kelly Langerak; January 18th, 2010 at 09:08 PM.
Old January 18th, 2010, 06:44 PM   #23
Major Player

how ru

Heath I might have something but its from SD times will check

Cheers

Doug
Old January 19th, 2010, 07:03 AM   #24
MPS Digital Studios

Hi Doug,

Thank you so much! Let me know--I may be able to use it. We shot on the Z1 and V1.

Heath
Old January 19th, 2010, 11:22 AM   #25
Trustee

Hello Kelly,

Sent you an email.

-Garrett
Old January 19th, 2010, 07:40 PM   #26
Major Player

email sent as well
Old January 19th, 2010, 10:48 PM   #27
Trustee

Want Vegas Pro8/9 Editors for Multiple Long Form Projects

I have too much current work to be able to keep up with the past wedding projects and I am leaving that market any way. So here is what I am looking for...

OVERVIEW:
I am looking for one or more Vegas Pro editors to take an internal SATA drive I will ship to you and import the project(s), put everything on the timeline in a completed rough cut organized by sections (following basic guidelines which I will supply), upload the .veg to my server, and cash a check from me.

If that sounds interesting, then continue reading.

BID TIMELINE:
Bids accepted continuously till March 1, when all projects will hopefully be done.

NLE:
Yes Vegas Pro. FC / PP / Edius / etc editors might be great at what they do, but that is useless for me. Sorry. I need veggies.

CONTRACT STRUCTURE:
This position is 1099 (no W-2) under the laws of Idaho USA. FYI: I am required to submit a 1099-MISC for all sub-contractors earning more than $600 / yr by IRS regulations. SSN or EIN required for US editors. Generally, there is no US tax withholding on payments made to non-US citizens if they work from a foreign country. For US Citizens / Residents, since this is a 1099 basis contract, no tax withholdings are necessary (BUT... you must report the income on your taxes).

COPYRIGHT:
This is a work-for-hire contract. If you don't know what that means, then you might not be qualified. You retain ZERO, ZIP, ZILCH copyright to the footage and must delete all copies of the footage from your system (if copied from the SATA HDD I send). However, I do pay you, and you will get your line in the ending credits as "Editing by: XYZ" which may include your URL (if you have one).

DELIVERY TIMELINE & REPORTING:
I require a maximum of 1 week turn around per project, otherwise it isn't saving me enough time to make it worth my while. You don't have to be full time, but you do have to be available for daily or semi-daily VOIP/Skype/Gtalk conferences.

MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
  • Already own a Vegas Pro >=v8 NLE with Core2duo (or better) CPU and a free SATA connection (or external USB dock)
  • Have valid Government Issued ID, US residents must have SSN or have EIN & C/S-corp / Sole-Prop / LLC paperwork (if contracting through your business).
  • Must be >=18yrs old and fluent in English
  • At least one prior reference (which I will contact) regarding your NLE experience
  • A phone number to call.
  • Familiar with the FTP process (I'm not going to hold hands here)
  • A credited demo reel / samples
  • Willing & able to sign a contract (yes this will be legally binding)
  • have fax machine or internet fax account (aka RingCentral)
  • >=3yrs experience with Vegas Pro 5,6,7,8, or 9 (not Platinum or Movie Studio).
  • Consider yourself a darn good editor
  • Willing to get a Gmail account (if you don't have one already)
  • Ability to figure out how to contact me directly via email. Consider this the minimum IQ test for this position.

BONUS QUALIFICATIONS:
  • Existing Gmail account for Google Cal / GTalk / Google chat
  • Several samples to view
  • Several references
  • Established Corporate / Business presence (it never hurts to have a reputation)
  • have other people that consider you a darn good editor
  • SMPTE-C monitor (if you want to do all the post including CC / grading for a project)

COMPENSATION:
All bids are flat rate per project. I am not accepting bids based on a per hour rate. I am paid flat rate, and so that is the mode I pay as compensation. I will already be in the red on some of these projects, but I would rather deliver high quality and keep my contract to my clients and go upside down on a contract or two.

Bids will not be published (aka I'll keep it all confidential) so if you just want to get some money but don't want word getting out about this rate, fine with me.

PAYMENT METHOD:
I will pay via check or paypal. No I will not adjust for the paypal fee, if you would like that convenience, then recipient pays.

PAYMENT TIMELINE:
Payments will be made AFTER delivery of .veg files. Yes this means you have to trust me, but think of it this way, you will have MY multi gigabyte HDD with all MY footage so that is your collateral. I will withhold $80 from the payment until the external HDD is returned. So you can either get two checks (one immediately and the 2nd after returnign the HDD) or wait till shipping back the drive and get one check. Your choice.

TRACKING & UPDATES:
Editors need to have a Google account (or be willing to create one) for contact using Google Cal / Google Talk, etc. Project veggies should be FTP'ed daily. I follow the Agile development method (quick cycles with daily status updates) for all my corporate clients, and so I'd like to follow that method for these projects.

NUMBER OF PROJECTS:
I'm also willing to work with someone interested in multiple projects. I currently have ~6 projects that I need completed by March 1 so there is room for multiple people to each have a project or for a single person to have multiple projects.

REVISIONS & FINAL PROJECT MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
I may request revisions if the delivered project is "too rough." The following are guidelines for what I consider as a rough draft:
  • all content in place on timeline
  • audio / video clips using J/L cuts where appropriate, VO where needed, etc (i.o.w. not just a bunch of random clips on the time line, but actual thought put into them)
  • ceremony multi-camed
  • audio split to tracks if source is multi channel (if you can't tell..... we have problems)
  • play time roughly equal to but not less than final delivery time
  • soundtracks (or placeholders) on the timeline - I have the whole library from www.Stock20.com - Flash Detection

PROJECT DETAILS:
Finished project lengths are determined by contract with the client and generally vary from 45min to 1hr, with most being 45min.

Projects are all multi-cam (most are 3 cams, a few may be 4-cam shoots) sources, with some projects containing separate house / PA recoded to MiniDisc (I'll provide as .wav).

Each project has from 5hrs to 8hrs of source footage in total. The average is 5-6hrs of footage.

My project style is "cinematic" with steadicam, soudtracks, color correction, etc. I will provide a completed .veg project file (just for comparison to see how i lay my projects out) & a finished render of that project to view for anyone considering bids. This should help you see if you can work with me and vice versa.

The productions do not need to be in finished form (with all the audio post, CC work, etc). I just need someone to help knock out the first 20hrs of each project and get it to the finished rough draft stage on each project. We can arrange for you do perform all of the post-production if you like, based on how the first roughs look (for additional pay of course).
Old January 20th, 2010, 02:13 AM   #28
Regular Crew

email sent.
Old January 20th, 2010, 12:17 PM   #29
Major Player

Tropical Beach Stock Footage

Hi

I need 2 to 3 minutes of good quality, 16:9 aspect ratio, sunny tropical beach stock footage. Preferably the footage would be in 1080 HD, but SD would be okay.

I need the footage to allow me to chroma key some characters over the top.

The beach must be without people, and filmed at eye-level. There needs to be space on the beach for the character to sit on a deck chair and for a waitress to bring him a pina colada. The characters' feet won't be appear in shot. We don't necessarily have to see the sea as I can show that in an establishing shot. But sun, palm trees and golden sand are a must.

Does anyone know where I can get stock footage like this?

I'm happy to buy it. Trouble is that all the web sites I've looked at only provide 10 to 20 seconds of video which is of no use except for an establishing shot. Are there any stock footage sites with longer stock video clips?

Or does some lucky devil happen to live in Tahiti (or somewhere similar)?

Thanks in advance!

Stuart
Old January 20th, 2010, 02:52 PM   #30
Regular Crew

well i live on Hawaii but there are not a lot of golden sand and palm tree beaches those are on the other islands. but i could probably do some thing for you. i have an ex 1 so i could shoot it PAL for you. what are you shooting with? and how do you want it?
aloha
tito
tito(at)aloha.net

Last edited by Tito Haggardt; January 20th, 2010 at 02:55 PM. Reason: add an email
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands