Helping Hands from 2010 - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old January 20th, 2010, 03:04 PM   #31
Major Player

have you tried Phoenix Clips or Footage Firm Stock Footage and Stock Video they also have a free site
Free Stock Footage, Backgrounds and Sound Effects
Old January 20th, 2010, 06:12 PM   #32
Major Player

Bill: Thanks for the links! I had a good browse through the sites. They only offer clips between 10 - 30 seconds, which isn't really long enough. But it was worth a try.

Tito: That would be brilliant! I'm using:

PAL Canon XH A1 in 25P mode
50th of a second shutter speed
1080 HDV recorded to miniDV tapes

In terms of framing I was thinking of a number of different shots to give maximum flexibility with the chroma keying:

1. The 1st of May... on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
- but without the woman or the sun loungers.
2. http://thumb9.shutterstock.com.edges...he-2717162.jpg
- but without the man or boats or sunlounger.
3. Wake me up when September ends on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
- but without the woman or sunlounger and preferably a little wider.
4. http://static-p4.fotolia.com/jpg/00/...hGAG797xfx.jpg
- but without the man or deck chair and with the background in focus.
5. A shot like number 5, facing inland, but a lot wider to fit two characters in, one of which will be standing.

The characters will sit and stand in the foreground after chroma keying them in.

The beach should be without people, and filmed on a tripod without zooming, panning or tilting.
The background should be in focus - unlike in some of the example photos.
Preferably no footprints in the sand where it appears.
It should be sunny and the sky fairly cloudless.
The footage needs to be 2 minutes in length per angle.
It wouldn't matter which side of the screen the sea is on as I can invert the image.
It would be great to have the audio too if possible.

Sorry for all the complicated instructions. That comes from being a scientist I'm afraid!

I'm happy to recompense you for your time. Let me know what you think. I could always sketch a little storyboard for you - that would probably help get the framing right.

Hawaii looks lovely by the way.

Thanks very much!

Stuart
Old January 21st, 2010, 07:25 AM   #33
Major Player

Hi Stuart

It sounds like Tito has it handled for you. If that does not work out I have a Z1 and live on the suncoast of Florida on the Gulf of Mexico and could shoot specifically what you need.

Chad
Old January 21st, 2010, 01:56 PM   #34
Major Player

Wedding Video editor needed - preferably on Vegas Pro

I have a wedding I need edited as soon as possible and don't currently have time to start on it.

I use Vegas Pro8.0c and it would be best if the editor used this NLE so I can Author the project or make any changes needed. Otherwise, you would have to do a solid job and author it to discs (which I will supply and label/package) as I would have no way to do any further edits.

This is a standard documentary style church wedding and location reception shot with 2 Panasonic HMC-150s (AVCHD). Plenty of solid footage and lots of surplus reception footage. Anticipate a 45 to 60ish minute final video length. Additional audio track recorded also for use if needed.

We can talk on the phone for the details.

I can UPS overnight a hard drive with the files and a couple DVD examples of what I do along with a return overnight UPS label.

This would be pretty standard stuff for an experienced wedding editor. Anyone with free time now?

Jeff
jeff@midatlanticvideo.com
Old January 22nd, 2010, 04:38 AM   #35
Major Player

Hi Chad

Thanks very much! If Tito can't do it I'm happy to have Florida footage instead :)

Stuart
Old January 22nd, 2010, 07:24 PM   #36
Trustee

Still Looking

I have had a few contacts and we are working on those, but as I mentioned, I have up to 6 projects that need work, so there is plenty of work to go around.
Old January 23rd, 2010, 01:40 PM   #37
New Boot

Local Vegas Pro Editor

Hello Jeff,

My name is Troy and I edit wedding videos. I am in chesapeake and you can email me at twlling@yahoo.com
Old January 25th, 2010, 02:45 AM   #38
Major Player

Thanks for all the offers, I think the footage I need will soon be sorted. Thanks again!
Old January 25th, 2010, 11:46 AM   #39
Major Player

Update Monday 1-25-2010:

Thanks to everyone who replied. I got quite a few replies. Not too many Vegas editors out there in comparison to Adobe products.

I now have a Vegas editor helping out on this one.

Thanks again all.
Old January 25th, 2010, 11:58 AM   #40
Major Player

I have a question related to the technical aspects of performing your work.

If someone has a fully edited project, how would that project be delivered to you to work your magic? As a certain rendered uncompressed file type?

Is the colorists work always the final step in the production?

Im just trying to figure out the workflow for a Sony Vegas project.

Would your services be overkill for a wedding video?

Thanks!
Old January 25th, 2010, 01:18 PM   #41
Major Player

Crew needed in Las Vegas

First off, where else do you guys go to get local help? I've posted on Craigslist and it keeps getting flagged for various reasons.

I'm apprehensive about posting it here since I really just need people in Las Vegas and everyone from around the world is here. I don't want to waste people's time.

Not really sure where to get this help for our first film.

We've got a Christian film/documentary that we are putting together. Here's what I post on CL that keeps getting flagged (who knows why). I hope this is appropriate to post here. So as I'm soliciting help on this project, I'm also curious as to how YOU GUYS get help for the fill in parts locally for somethign like this. Any suggestions?

~~~~~

We are a Christian non-profit group that is finalizing the script and preproduction of a new Christian film that is partly documentary in nature and party drama. The goal of this film is to lead people to Christ and the sets will be highly spiritual, prayerful, etc. So, although being a Christian is not a requirement, it could be a little awkward for a non-christian--but all are welcome.

Each speaking shot will be done once through in English and then again in Spanish, so being bilingual is a plus (but not requirement for non-speaking parts).

We are currently putting together a potential crew list for this project which is due to start late Feb or March. We are currently accepting resumes, demo reels, head shots, applications, etc. We are currently looking for the following:

* Actors (all ages, shapes, sizes. There's probably a part for everyone, albeit minor). There are main roles and roles for extras.
* Assistant Director to work with writer/director. Experience necessary.
* Videographers (we are recording in 1080i and 1080p at 24p. Camera not necessary, but helpful). Experience with jibs, dollies, steadicam is highly recommended.
* Editor (Premiere preferably)
* Adobe After Effects artist
* Sound engineer
* Grip/lighting
* Original Music composer

Interested? Please email your pitch to me. Include as much info as possible. Head shots, resume, testimony, or anything else you may find important. We will be doing a casting call based on the information emailed. We will advise the exact date(s) we will be coming to Las Vegas when we get closer.

We are doing this on a volunteer basis almost exclusively. So if you have talent that you want to use for the Lord and for a good cause, please drop me a line. I'll be glad to answer any questions.
Old January 25th, 2010, 01:21 PM   #42
Major Player

I second those questions. Could you please explain?
Old January 25th, 2010, 01:36 PM   #43
Major Player

Were you able to find someone for this? I'm not your guy, but I'm looking for someone myself and I'm in your basic area (I'm in Las Vegas). I'd like to find someone local since I have a lot of work.

Good luck to you and your project.
Old January 25th, 2010, 03:04 PM   #44
Major Player

Director of Photography (DP) Needed

This is for a Christian film/documentary. There is acting and some dialog. Loosely similar to the following clips from another ministry (not associated with us).

YouTube - Did You Paint That?
YouTube - I'm Believing for a Lamborghini
YouTube - Did You Paint That?

This clip is of an entire episode (I think). This is fairly close to our concept as far as pace, content, etc... Although ours are going to be smaller in 15 minute sections.

Joe Average

We are based out of Las Vegas but will be shooting in Phoenix as well. I would prefer someone local as it won't be continuous shooting. It will be on-off-on-off at times.
Old January 25th, 2010, 06:05 PM   #45
Trustee

Any of those responses like to get some more work? I also have need of post production on Vegas 8/9Pro. I have posted to a different thread, but essentially the same scenario is involved.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands