DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Helping Hands (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/helping-hands/)
-   -   Helping Hands from 2006 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/helping-hands/19553-helping-hands-2006-a.html)

Andy Drefs January 25th, 2006 03:10 PM

Adam,

My name is Andy Drefs and I'm in Milwaukee. I have a JVC GR-HD1, the full Adobe production suite, and I've been in the talent/modeling business since 1984. I've also written and produced a number of corporate pieces and my partner and I have two animated and some film projects in the works. Let me know if any of my abilities might be of interest.

Andy Drefs
InSight Multimedia, Inc.
Brookfield, WI 53005

Adam Rench January 25th, 2006 03:25 PM

Hey Andy!

I'm always looking for help. We are in the process of writing two short films and if you would like to get some more experience, let me know. Shoot me an email using this message board or visit. www.bohoc.org and you can also get my email from there too.

Mark Argerake January 26th, 2006 01:02 PM

Moviemark DVD wants your indie shorts!

Not sure if this post fits in here, but I couldn't think of a better one....

Hello Everyone,

Moviemark DVD wants your indie shorts! As our first distribution project for 2006 we decided to gather up some top notch independent short films and package them together for release. There are some amazing indie filmmakers out there with some top notch short films they've done that have limited place to go. Here is an opportunity to get this work out there.

The current plan is to have the DVD professionally authored and press a short run of 1000 DVDs. Initially the DVD will be available through the Moviemark DVD website along with Amazon, Conventions and some small online venders of indie material. Contributors will also get a small stack that they can sell or distribute anyway they would like.

Accepting any genre, but looking for original concepts. Also, good sound, look and acting is a plus.

Tentatively to be early released this summer, but a submission deadline has not been set, so please don't wait in case we decide to move up the release.

Send non-returnable NTSC VHS or DVDs can be sent to:

Moviemark DVD, Inc.
Attn: SHORTS
PO Box 891089
Temecula, CA 92589-1089

Please don't send me email attachments with your submissions. Also, please make sure to include your contact information. Thanks!

Questions or comments please send an email to: webmaster@moviemarkdvd.com

If there is good response from filmmakers and consumers, I am hoping to make this an annual release.

Brandon T Jackson January 26th, 2006 01:50 PM

interested in the june shoot

T.J.,
Wow I keep running into you! (I have responded to your email by the way) My dvc30's will ship in a week and I am available if you need me. Your email gave me an idea. Look for work on here so either way I've gained from you. Thanks

Don Donatello January 26th, 2006 01:59 PM

to be clear = there is NO $$ pay for the short ..

pay would be the copies that you give to filmmakers? and they can do WHATEVER they like with those copies ( sell them , distribute them , put them at netflix ? ) ... one thing that comes up is COPYRIGHT !! who owns copyright to the short and if you have a period to use the short for your run it seems that you have NO control over how each persons sells/distrubutes their stack of DVD 's which just might interfere with copyright per individual IE: say i strike a deal with PBS to use the whole DVD for X $$ plus give them rights for 10 years ( you did state "they can sell (DVD) or distribute anyway they would like.") = i keep all the $$ and i just signed away rights to PBS ?for whole DVD ...

Mark Argerake January 26th, 2006 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Donatello
to be clear = there is NO $$ pay for the short ..

pay would be the copies that you give to filmmakers? and they can do WHATEVER they like with those copies ( sell them , distribute them , put them at netflix ? ) ... one thing that comes up is COPYRIGHT !! who owns copyright to the short and if you have a period to use the short for your run it seems that you have NO control over how each persons sells/distrubutes their stack of DVD 's which just might interfere with copyright per individual IE: say i strike a deal with PBS to use the whole DVD for X $$ plus give them rights for 10 years ( you did state "they can sell (DVD) or distribute anyway they would like.") = i keep all the $$ and i just signed away rights to PBS ?for whole DVD ...

Hi Don - I had to read this a couple times before I understood where you were coming from. For starters I think you misinterpreted the word 'distribute'. I was not refering to the filmmaker cutting a distribution deal, I was using the term in its literal context as in 'decide who they want to give it away to'. The rights to the DVD as a whole stay with Moviemark DVD for x years. The filmmaker would only be granting Moviemark DVD the rights for this DVD only. The rights of the individual shorts stay with the filmmaker so they can do what ever they want with their film, but have no rights to try and get a distributoin deal with the DVD as a whole. I've got a call into my lawyer to help me word the specific terms of the agreement and will post it here when I hear back from him. Feel free to shoot me an email or post any other specific questions or concerns.

Brandon T Jackson January 27th, 2006 01:19 AM

perhaps me

I will be 21 this March. I also have a sligtly older sounding voice as I smoke...I know. What kind of equipment is necessary. I'll be getting some stuff soon...

Brandon T Jackson January 27th, 2006 01:26 AM

I know a guy...

I have a friend in Columbus, Indiana. He is great at graphics and understands after effects. If you still haven't found your guy I could set you up with him contact info. Let me know at brandonjackson@cnz.com as I probably won't be back to this one.

Brandon T Jackson January 27th, 2006 01:41 AM

I need a website.

I'm looking for something relatively simple for now. If anyone is willing to produce a modern looking videography business website for not much, I could use you.

K. Forman January 27th, 2006 06:15 AM

Brandon- I have the time to do your site. If you like, take a look at my site, and if you're interested, shoot me an email.

Cemil Giray January 27th, 2006 09:39 AM

Birmingham, Alabama help needed

I'm coming into Birmingham on 27 Feb 06. I'll be filming a class at the university for one of our films. We're shooting on DVX100A PAL. We have our own equipment but if we could get one or two extra camera ops that would help out. We're thinking of making it a two or three camera job.
Anyone?

Peter Ferling January 30th, 2006 09:30 AM

Thanks for the reference Andy.

Andy Drefs January 30th, 2006 10:11 AM

You bet Peter! I hope that you give Pat a call, he's one of the funniest people I know. Sort of like a 6' 7", 250 pound version of Robin Williams (I'm not exagerating, he's really that big!) and he's very, professional when it comes to his work. You will not be disappointed. He currently provides translation services to courthouses, attorney's and hospitals all around the Milwaukee area.

Dave Herring January 30th, 2006 11:24 AM

Call Mira Beck

www.weddings.bayfrontproductions.com

He can help you with the Czech.

Peter Ferling January 30th, 2006 02:10 PM

Thanks Dave. (I don't have much help here locally for the Czech). Soon as I figure get the details I will be in touch.