DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Helping Hands (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/helping-hands/)
-   -   Helping Hands from 2006 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/helping-hands/19553-helping-hands-2006-a.html)

Ben Gurvich December 1st, 2006 01:49 AM

Well,

If the film does well, i think i mihgt be able to visit. Tropfest is a big deal if you win.

Jed Burdick December 1st, 2006 08:42 AM

Sound Recordist needed for suspense feature PAID

Evermore Pictures is looking for a location sound recordist/mixer for a feature length movie being shot from March 13 through April 21s in Goshen IN. Sound is considered high priority in our list of departments for the shoot. The position is paid $2000 at the time of production with full pay deferred contingent on distribution. Travel, lodging and food are covered. Our team is a fun, low stress group that are full of very talented technical artists who get the job done and have fun doing it. We work a 6 day week at 12 hrs a day, some night shoots are scheduled. The story is a suspense/drama that is quite visual and experimental with sound design. Evermore Pictures does not expect this position to bring their own gear although any personal equipment that is able to be used is a plus. The recordist would get to use only the best equipment such as Benchmark Media Mic-Pres, Analog to Digital Recorders, and Shoeps and Sennheiser Mics. Please contact: Jed Burdick 574-238-9031 or Jed@IndieFilmer.com After initial contact we can send you a copy of the script for your consideration. Please expect to show a sample of your work.

Jed Burdick December 1st, 2006 08:45 AM

Makeup Arist Needed for suspense feature

Evermore Pictures is looking for a location Makeup Artist for a feature length movie being shot from March 13 through April 21s in Goshen IN. Makeup is considered high priority in our list of departments for the shoot. The position is paid $1000 with travel, lodging and food covered. Our team is a fun, low stress group that are full of very talented technical artists who get the job done and have fun doing it. We work a 6 day week at 12 hrs a day, some night shoots are scheduled. The story is a suspense/drama that requires makeup work such as cuts, bruises, tired and black eyes, bullet wounds and tattoos. Evermore Pictures does not expect this position to bring their own gear although any personal equipment that is able to be used is a plus. Please contact: Jed Burdick 574-238-9031 or Jed@IndieFilmer.com After initial contact we can send you a copy of the script for your consideration. Please expect to show a sample of your work.

Theodore McNeil December 3rd, 2006 12:24 AM

Call RMIT University - Get in touch with the Screen (Film & Television) course director Steven Skok. His emailing list that has over 200 present or past students who are all trained and certified for sound.

Ben Gurvich December 3rd, 2006 02:54 AM

Thats a name i havnt heard in a while.

He told me never to forget the number 768x576. He knew his stuff but i had an arguement with him over the fact his beta sp looked nothing like 35mm which he thought it did.

i was right ofcourse (i think when you spend a lot on a camera you get delusional)!

Thanks for the tip,

Cheers,
Ben

Greg LeBlanc December 3rd, 2006 12:41 PM

NW Houston Here

I have had several occasions where I have needed help with a shoot. I would be willing to help anyone in the Houston area if needed as well. I have a Sony HVR-Z1U and HVR-A1U Hi-Def cameras. I also have two Sennheiser Wireless system, two good Bogan/Manfrotto Trpods. I just purchased a new Tascam HD-P2 Digital audio recorder. On camera mic is A Sony EM-678 Shotgun for the Z1U. I also have a spare one. I also just aquired a Bogan/Manfrotto Tripod Dolly as well. I am really new to all of this. I started out as a hobby shooting Live music of my Nephews band and decided to try to make a go in the Event Videography business. Interested in meeting up with other Videographers and help eachother. You can post a reply here or just email me directly at greg0215@houston.rr.com

Greg LeBlanc December 3rd, 2006 01:16 PM

Networking in Houston

I'm available to help and could use some help from time to time. I use the Sony HD Cameras HVR-Z1U and the HVR-A1U. I also have a good Tascam HD-P2 Digital Audio recorder, Sennheiser wireless system (2) as well as a few other gadgets. I would love to network and assist anyone in the area on projects. Greg0215@houston.rr.com. Just let me know.

Bill Rankin December 4th, 2006 08:58 PM

networking

Greg,

Check out www.houstonpva.org for networking in the Houston area.

Ben Gurvich December 6th, 2006 02:19 AM

We have a recordist for our shoot on Saturday. We are shooting with and without a 35mm adapter and seeing what works better for this mockumentary.

Cheers,
Ben Gurvich

Jun Tang December 7th, 2006 11:24 AM

Student filmmaker looking for DP - LA - PAID GIG

I'm a student filmmaker working on putting together my reel. My DP cannot make the second date of shooting.

We are shooting December 13, wednesday night into Thursday morning.

We are going to use the redrock m2.

I am more concern with your lighting ability then your ability to use the m2. If you don't know how, I can operate camera.

Owning your own lighting is not necessary, but priority is given those who does.

PLEASE SEND REEL OR online LINK TO YOUR REEL.

Shooting in a studio in North Hollywood.

Any further question please e-mail to tangfilms@yahoo.com Do not private message. E-mail is easier.

Robert Gliniak December 9th, 2006 01:48 AM

Hi Mike,

What exactly do you have in your set-up? Is it Sd or HD? Any other hardware? I think we can work something out.

Can we communicate outside the forum?

Best !

Kevin Welborn December 10th, 2006 09:52 AM

Michigan Retailer Service location?

Please reply with the name and location of a reputable retailer who transfers analog and digital tape to DVD IN THE STATE OF MICH. i want to be able to physically drop off the tapes for protection.

Thanks, Kevin

John Vincent December 11th, 2006 03:37 PM

Try these guys...

Thalner Electronics, or TEL, out of Dexter might still do this.

They've been a rep for most of the big companies for years now, and I believe they do tape transfers - if they don't, they may know someone who does. I've done business with them several times before and have never had a problem.

Here's the link: http://www.thalner.com/

Also try Russell Video at: http://www.russellvideo.com/

One of our producers works there and they do good work. They're out of Ann Arbor, Thalner is in Dexter.

Good luck and feel free to pm me -

john
evilgeniusentertainment.com
(In Ypsilanti MI)

Walter Berndl December 12th, 2006 02:16 PM

Sony Link to Operation Manual for CCD-VX3 with Time Code and Data Code

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel Reynoso
I tried Sony web site but can't find any help there.

Hi Danel

The Sony CCD-VX3 is one the high end Hi8 Sony camcorders that supports RC Timecode and DataCode (Date and Time). The Operation Manual title page contains the following information:

Sony 3-755-638-25 (1)
Video Camera Recorder Hi8 CCD-VX3
Operation Manual
video Hi8 Handycam PRO
c 1992 by Sony Corporation

and can be downloaded from Sony at the following site:
http://www.docs.sony.com/release/CCDVX3.pdf

For more links to Sony sites for Operating Instruction Manuals of 26 Sony Hi8 NTSC and PAL Hi8 Camcorders that have the RC Timecode and Data Code Feature go to:

http://www.octochron.com/faqSonyHi8R...of-RC-Timecode

This link includes Sony links to several old Hi8 manuals such as the CCD-TR101, CCD-TR2300, CCD-TR3000, CCD-TR3400, CCD-TR555, CCD-TRV81, CCD-V801 and the CCD-VX3 that are absent from Sony's search engine, but are still on Sony's servers.

Walter

Mark Williams December 13th, 2006 02:30 PM

Georgia Mountains Aerial Video

I am looking for some high quality (very smooth/not shaky) royalty-free aerial footage of the N. Georgia Mountains for a low budget project I am working on. I have checked all the big footage suppliers and nothing is to be found. Anyone have any ideas short of hiring a plane or hot air baloon once things green up in the spring and try to do it myself? Looking for about 20-60 seconds.

Thanks,