Editing questions at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

High Definition Video Editing Solutions
For all HD formats including HDV, HDCAM, DVCPRO HD and others.

Old July 17th, 2003, 09:18 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Editing questions

I'm not a HD10 owner (at least not yet), but I do have a couple of questions for those of you who are owners. Primarily, I was wondering if anyone has been able to edit their footage in a NLE other than the bundled software and if so were you able to get real time playback, or did you just have to shuttle through frame by frame. And my follow up to that would be what are the specs of the system you're on.
Brad Hawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2003, 12:05 AM   #2
HDV Cinema

If you own a Mac -- there is very good news for Final Cut Pro 3/4 users.

For those who want to use a Mac or PC to play their edited productions, there is a solution -- "4HDV."

Any of the Mac widescreen displays look great.

Check my site for information on how you can order 4HDV -- a documentation and software kit.

www.mindspring.com/~d-v-c

4HDV will enable you to edit in real-time -- so that answers your question! Even FX and titles are real-time -- subject to the usual FCP limitations.

For those who want to record their edited productions on DVHS -- watch the Heuris site for a much lower-cost HD MPEG2-TS encoder for FCP. 4HDV documentation covers this exciting new product.

http://www.heuris.com/

For those who want to record their edited productions on their camcorder -- keep watching our list for news. Currently the Heuris encoder cannot be recorded by a camcorder. Hopefully this block will get solved very soon!
Old July 18th, 2003, 09:16 AM   #3
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Steve you should add that real-time editing on the PC is available in a few weeks from CineForm (www.cineform.com.) The CineForm Aspect HD enables real-time editing of HDV footage (HD1 and HD10) under Adobe Premiere 6.5 (and soon Premiere Pro.) At DV Expo on a very fast AlienWare PC (3.2GHz 800Mhz FSB) CineForm was at the JVC (and Adobe) booth running 5 or more simultaneous HD streams with color correction and motion filters without a single frame drop. No one today can match this. Starting at $1200 for the 6.5 version, this is for professional users, yet even for a hobbiest (like me) real-time is the only way to edit.
David Newman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2003, 11:11 AM   #4
HDV Cinema

For those with a PC this is the way to go!

And it shows that those who pestered us with "you can't edit MPEG-2" simply didn't know anything about ...

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions