Mbp at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions

High Definition Video Editing Solutions
For all HD formats including HDV, HDCAM, DVCPRO HD and others.

Old May 20th, 2009, 05:48 AM   #1
Major Player

Mbp

I'm considering a MacBookPro. But I'm kind of suprised at the lack of inputs on the new Book. It has an expresscard slot but no firewire or SD or CF card slots. Will I be stuck without these? I will be using a Sony EX camera that uses ExpressCard slots for injest along with SDHC cards. I can use the ExpressCard adapter for the SDHC cards. Still cameras are firewire to USB cables. Anything I'm missing?
I don't really need to go Mac, I'll be using Adobe Premiere so I could go with a PC. Please lets not start all the operating system flames, stick to the facts. I'm currently using a PC and have had no failures in the 2 years I've owned it. Works fine.
Benefits of the Lenovo PC are I can have one with 2 separate hard drives, many more input choices, and an interchangable battery for $1000 less with comperable specs.
Ed Kukla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2009, 07:54 AM   #2
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Kukla View Post
I'm considering a MacBookPro. But I'm kind of suprised at the lack of inputs on the new Book.
Ed, don't know what you used as a reference but go to Apple - MacBook Pro - 15-inch Features - Aluminum unibody, LED-backlit widescreen display, NVIDIA graphics, Multi-Touch trackpad and scroll down. The MBP has Firewire 800, USB 2.0, audio in & Express Card/34.
Old May 20th, 2009, 05:43 PM   #3
Major Player

Rick
Hmm, I don't remember who I heard it from but I had a conversation that involved the idea the new books did not have firewire.
Thanks for clarifying that. It did seem odd they wouldn't have fire800. I still wish they had an SD card port and especially 2 hard drives.
E
Ed Kukla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2009, 04:06 AM   #4
Inner Circle

The last generation normal Macbooks, (but not Macbook Pro's) had Firewire, but the new Aluminium Macbooks don't have firewire, that's what you've probably heard.
The old white model that Apple sells still has firewire, though.

The Macbook Pro's used to have Firewire 400 and Firewire 800 and now only have 1 Firewire 800 port.
Mathieu Ghekiere is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions