Just got a new PC just for HDV! I can edit at less than a 1:1 ratio!! - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

High Definition Video Editing Solutions
For all HD formats including HDV, HDCAM, DVCPRO HD and others.

Old April 5th, 2005, 12:42 PM   #16
Inner Circle

Puleeeeeeze folks, he was just kidding around. Paul you are one of the most balanced Mac People I've read.
Most are clueless ludite wannabes (don't tell them it's really a computer, just don't tell them....)hehehe. I try to explain to them I already have a perfectly good religion.

Besides we all know.... the only really cool computer people are the ones that use Linux. Just ask them, they'll tell you.

I want to buy one of the mini Macs for my mother-in-law. I already have a spare monitor and mouse and keyboard. I think she will like it.
Joe Carney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2005, 12:54 AM   #17
Major Player

Well, I guess the problem right now is mostly (for me) being able to keep full quality. A lot of programs do marvels with DV but working with HDV sucks for the moment. When "near real time solutions" arise, compression is a major problem. I have tested quite a few possibilities and the results don't please me yet. Filtering YCrCb material is also problematic, keeping the chroma noise from jumping up, etc... I can't wait for a solid solution with real time video preview but let's be realistic, actual solutions are almost guerilla style (as they where when we tested the HD10 months ago). Let's hope that with the FX1-Z1 buzz, solutions will come out faster. Hope NAB will be good this year...
http://www.fictis.net
info@fictis.net
Eric Bilodeau is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions