premeire pro wont detect at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

High Definition Video Editing Solutions
For all HD formats including HDV, HDCAM, DVCPRO HD and others.

Old May 24th, 2006, 07:59 AM   #1
New Boot

premeire pro wont detect

I never have a problem with any other cam but this one refuses to be detectted. Anybody have any thoughts?

EDIT- I asked this same question back in Oct but i thought someone might have some new insight.
Shaun Patterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2006, 08:25 AM   #2
New Boot

I had a problem like that at work with our premiere system. The problem turned out to be that since my boss had created a password protected account for me to enter windows, and my account was not an 'administrator' account, I didn't have access to external hardware and certain programs. So windows didn't recognize any cameras or vtr's that we connected. But, once we created a new account that was an 'adminstrator' account, we were able to connect any vtr or camera. Don't know if that applies to your case but, maybe it'll help you or someone else.
-Daniel
Old May 24th, 2006, 08:30 AM   #3
Major Player

I had the same problem....

I use to hot connect my camera, but now, I connect it when both the camera and the computer are off... turn on the computer, then turn on premiere, and when I'm ready to capture, turn on camera...

Thats how I do all my capturing now... cold connecting.
Leo Pepingco is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions