Strange HDV problem at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions

High Definition Video Editing Solutions
For all HD formats including HDV, HDCAM, DVCPRO HD and others.

Old October 24th, 2006, 05:36 PM   #1
Major Player

Strange HDV problem

Okay... here is how I am working..

Adobe Premiere 2.0 (native HD, not cineform yet)
Sony HVRM15U deck
32" Samsumg HDTV

In SD I can preview my work like this... Premiere>1394>Sony Deck>Component Out> HDTV

When I try in an HDV project, Premiere won't recognize my 1394 device...

Explinations?

Matt
Matthew Nayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2006, 06:29 PM   #2
Inner Circle

It is my understanding that it won't do it, due to recompression factors. There are apparently real time preview cards available.

I do get a decent preview on my flat screen lcd monitor on which I run my PPro project monitor, but it definitely isn't everything...
Old October 24th, 2006, 06:55 PM   #3
Major Player

Also ,I try to export a clip onto tape and it says it worked but when I play the tape back in my deck, I only get black... hmmm...
Old October 24th, 2006, 08:36 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Matt:

By the way, if you have a dual output video card with a DVI or any type of second monitor output, you can output to the monitor. All you need to do is select the little triangle in the corner of the project monitor with a left click, go all the way to the bottom and select playback settings, and then select the 2 monitor (or whatever that monitor is designated in the windows setup) I checked the box that disables the monitor for windows use when Premiere is up.

As to the deck, is it rated for HDV ? If not, it would not be able to capture it. You would have to go directly into HDV camera.

Finally, at least from my experience, anything going out to tape has to be transcoded by Premiere before it outputs it.
Old October 24th, 2006, 09:05 PM   #5
Major Player

yeah, its an HDV deck. However, Adobe doesnt recognize it. It is the Sony HVRM15U. It recognizes it for SD but not in an HD project... strange... Also, in my system manager it shows up under Imaging tools, not video, sound and gaming devices...

thoughts?

I am goignt o sue Cineform to edit, and I can always drop my 19" DVI monitor for the 32" TV through DVI-HDMI cable, but I want my two editing windows, and then a monitor! Any graphic cards out there with two DVI outs and a regualr PC out?
Old October 24th, 2006, 09:17 PM   #6
Inner Circle

Matt check this out as an example of possibilities. If your system has AGP and PCI Express, or just a PCI slot video card. Can be done many ways on a desktop system:

http://www.realtimesoft.com/multimon...ideo_cards.asp
Old October 25th, 2006, 05:54 AM   #7
Major Player

Thanks man. Currently I have a Radeon 9800 Pro which supports one DVI one PC and one S-VIDEO output. Any leads on a good card which doesn't cost an arm and leg and has like 4 monitor outs (DVI, PC whatever)
Old October 31st, 2006, 09:41 AM   #8
Major Player

why don't you use your DVI and PC for computer screens and then use the S-video out for your tv monitor?
Brent Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2006, 02:15 PM   #9
Major Player

A Few things to keep in mind:

Most of the consumer gaming cards that support Dual DVI or DVI+VGA, even if they also have component, composite. s-Video support usually limit playback to two output devices.

2 edit across 2 monitors, a simple ghetto approach would be to use an app such as ultranmon, where you can span applications across 2 display devices; providing the resolution and display sizes were the same, this could work.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions