External storage / basic chinese at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions

High Definition Video Editing Solutions
For all HD formats including HDV, HDCAM, DVCPRO HD and others.

Old November 1st, 2006, 04:35 AM   #1
Regular Crew

External storage / basic chinese

Sorry, but this is basic chinese to me: I have lot of fiction film footage and need and external drive for my Imag G5. And as after production I run out off money the only option I found in Bhphoto is this one:

Iomega 250GB Silver Desktop Hi-Speed USB 2.0 External Hard Drive - 7200rpm From Bhphoto

usd 119

But no indications of ATA or SATA, etc...And I just want to know if I can´t make it with it, if it´s not gonna get hot and explode after a week or more of exporting and stuff

thanks in advance

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...=371374&is=REG
Martin Noboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2006, 10:06 AM   #2
Trustee

I'm sure it will be ATA....and unlikely to explode.

There's a range of external hard drives enclosure available that you can install your own drive into, and some of them have fans if you are concerned about heat. A metal enclosure will be better than a plastic one for heat also.

Check out newegg.com or similar.
Graham Hickling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2006, 12:51 PM   #3
Major Player

What do you mean it is basic Chinese? What does that have to do with external hard drives?
Alex Thames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2006, 01:00 PM   #4
Regular Crew

oh, sorry, it´s an spanish expresión, but I guess it doesn´t works in english, it means that I don´t understand much or anything about technical hard drive stuff
Martin Noboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2006, 02:17 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Noboa
oh, sorry, it´s an spanish expresión, but I guess it doesn´t works in english, it means that I don´t understand much or anything about technical hard drive stuff
So it´s ok if I go with it?
Martin Noboa is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions