MB in FCP or AE? - please help!!!! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions

High Definition Video Editing Solutions
For all HD formats including HDV, HDCAM, DVCPRO HD and others.

Old November 7th, 2006, 08:04 AM   #1
Regular Crew

MB in FCP or AE? - please help!!!!

Hi, I have a couple of dilemas here. Iīve been editing my first short movie filmed in HDV 1080i50. And the color correction I did it with MB in FCP. I also have MB in AE 6.5, but Iīm planning to use it to deinterlace and convert my pal footage into 23,976p material.
My question is if it really makes a difference to do de deinterlace and convertion in AE with MB when my footage is already in 25 p, as itīs pal hdv. Is there really a difference in motion?

And secondly, Iīve been doing some tests with some scenes in AE, and my settings for applying the MB AUTO SETUP buttom are: hdtv 1920 / 1080 and frame rate: 23,976 for pal material (square pixels)
The weired things is that when I push the AUTO SETUP buttom the message tha appears is: NTSC to 24p. Magic Bullet is now configured to convert NTSC interlaced video to 23,976.
And no, itīs PAL footage! So I go to DEINTERLACE box that follows and I open that box and change it to PAL: AE thinks renders and now the message goes: Pal to 24. Magic Bullet is now configured to convert PAL interlaced video to 23,976fps
So this canīt be the normal process for convert PAL with Auto setup in MB right? Or is fine?

And last question. Which must be the settings to export the film in AE, DV PAL - PROGRESSIVE - CURRENT FRAME RATE???
Well, and thatīs it,
Thanks for your help
I really need it!!!
Martin Noboa is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions