Chair for editing station at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Home, Away From Home
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Home, Away From Home
Studio Space (Home) and Traveling Tips (Away From Home).

Old September 14th, 2009, 08:39 PM   #1
Trustee

Chair for editing station

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone had any feedback on this chair:

ME7ERG Ergohuman Mesh Chair - Ergohuman.com

I've tried the Herman Miller Aeron and it is overall a comfortable chair but I'm not sure there aren't other alternatives. I spoke to someone who is a web designer and she has the Ergohuman and she really likes it. I'd like some other input though since I can't find anyone in my area that carries the chair so I can spend time trying it out.

Thanks,
Garrett

Last edited by Garrett Low; September 15th, 2009 at 12:35 AM.
Garrett Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2009, 04:09 PM   #2
Major Player

The Herman Miller is a good one I've used and this Steelcase is what I use currently:

Steelcase - ThinkŪ

I can do long stretches of writing or editing with this one- pretty happy with it.
Old September 16th, 2009, 05:17 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I would Vote For The Aeron...

I worked for years in a crappy chair. When I lured my girlfriend away from corporate life, she insisted that she have a good chair preferably an Aeron. We bought 2 and I can vouch for them 100%.

If you guys are like me you spend more time in your chair than anywhere else. I am not saying these other chairs are not good - I am sure they are good, but I would not make this decision based on price, I would make it based on quality.

The ergohuman looks like the Aeron to me. The steelcase looks like a nice chair, but I would research into whether it is made for long-term sitting.

Again, base this decision on what is best for your back your shoulder, your hands, etc.

Here is where I bought my Aerons, they were the cheapest you can find them anyplace: OfficeDesigns.com - Aeron Chair by Herman Miller, Eames, Embody chair, Knoll Furniture, Steelcase Leap Chairs, Kartell and other Office & Home Furniture.

It looks like the Aeron is cheaper than ever! I paid $979 for mine fully loaded, and I got a $150 rebate, I believe. Some of the best money I ever spent.

Ken
Kenneth Fisher is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Home, Away From Home