advantajib reviews/testimonials? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Jibs / Cranes / Booms
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old April 14th, 2008, 04:31 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Andrew you have a good eye.

Yes I swapped out the pan handle from the original one as the Bogen handle is telescopic. I purchased the short handle with the jib but prefer the Bogen as I don't have to take time to switch handles for tight situations but instead flip a knob extend the handle and lock it down.

I also switched out some of the finger screws with Delta 1" Diamond Knobs (1/4-20x1/2" & 1/4-20x3/4") as to make adjustments easier and they did not hurt my fingers to turn. I could not get the monitor mount the hold it's position and just decided to switch them all out.

I also added a Bogen Quick Release Adapter to the underslung head to make camera install/removal quicker and easier. It is the same plate that the jib comes with but the underslung head attaches to it so a second adapter mounted on the underslund head allows my camera to mount in either position without having to remove the adapter plate from the camera.
Hart Boyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2008, 11:09 AM   #17
Regular Crew

Do you know where I might find the Bogen handle for sale separately? A bit of searching hasn't come up with anything so far. Thanks.
Ted Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2008, 03:40 PM   #18
Major Player

Doh. Wish i had noticed it sooner. I also paid $25 for the short unanodized silver rod. Could have picked up a professional looking pan handle for the same price. doh! John should include one of them instead. Really makes a difference in the appearance of the machine.

Ted, i dont know which model hart has, but here are a slew of solo handles:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/shop/3...cessories.html
Andrew Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2008, 03:42 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Mine was left over from a old tripod so I did not have to purchase it. I looked on B&H Photo's web site and they have several telescopic handles but none by Bogen. Sorry I can't offer any more help.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...arch&Q=*&bhs=t
Hart Boyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2012, 09:39 PM   #20
New Boot

Re: advantajib reviews/testimonials?

dang! such an old thread.

im looking into this setup right now. i currently have a Kessler 12' with their Revolution head. although its a very nicely made rig im not real happy with the whole electric head concept anymore. not intuitve enough for me. ive gotten some wonderful footage but getting a high percentage keepers is tough when your trying to do very specific-timed moves.

here is an example with my kessler

the Advanta looks interesting to me at least in "concept". it seems like i could get successful shots quicker with the Advanta. what do you owners think. is the concept of the hand lever over-hped? wish i could test one out in person.

the few reviews ive seen say thats its nearly as intuitive to work as a fluid video head on a tripod. almost seems to good to be true but hey im very curious right now.

so even though this thread promised footage...it never showed up. anyone of you original poster care to comment or throw up some of your clips?

also, how long to erect this thing? thats one of my major gripes about the Kessler 12'. its cool once its up but i hate putting up and taking down. also not a one man operation.

thanks
david
David Probst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2013, 09:44 PM   #21
Major Player

I'll bump this thread as I've been interested as well. Seems like a great idea for a reasonable price. But not even the advanta-jib guys are responding. Bummer.
Eric Lagerlof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2013, 06:24 AM   #22
Major Player

Whoah. a VERY old thread.

Sorry i never posted videos. Most of what i've used it for are single shots within a larger production. The most complex and smooth stuff I shot was live event coverage, my favorite was having the jib mounted on a platform over the chutes at a rodeo. I got a bunch of really dynamic and fluid shots from down at the rider's eye level then shooting up 15 feet above as the gates opened. Unfortunately I don't have footage of that.

This isn't the best example as the director ignored the stable shots and picked the most frantic and "rock n roll" shots but all the jib shots are the advantajib:

and the jib shots from this are advantajib, but again... rock n roll and only tiny spatterings of jib motion

I've gotten amazing shots from my advantajib. It takes some training to get used to, but i reckon the direct pan and hydraulic tilt is one of the most intuitive ways you can control a remote head. Sorry I don't have any links to videos showing that.
Andrew Dean is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Jibs / Cranes / Booms