Is anyone using the Kessler Hard Case? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Jibs / Cranes / Booms

Old March 1st, 2009, 12:33 PM   #1
Major Player

Is anyone using the Kessler Hard Case?

I have begun my search for a hard case in the DVI classifieds but I posted in another group and got a few pm on the hard case. I am taking my Kessler 8/12 to the Caribbean on a shoot and will be using it there every few months over the next year on a project I am shooting. I don't want to leave it there but will buy weights on arrival(and I have a place to store them) so my excess baggage cost are kept at a realistic level.
Is anyone in the group traveling by plane with their Kessler on a regular basis? I travel constantly and would appreciate any feedback. A person on another site has a good system with two weapons cases. But it means two pieces of baggage and I am concerned about traveling internationally with an extra piece of baggage and the fact due to our times...a weapons case. My MacBook Pro is in a pelican 1490 and it raises attention in domestic airports but it is a carry-on.
And the bottom line is I need the crane to arrive undamaged and ready to deliver shots.
Thanks
Brian

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Jibs / Cranes / Booms