Travel Case for Kessler Pocket Jib at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Jibs / Cranes / Booms

Old December 2nd, 2011, 08:20 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Travel Case for Kessler Pocket Jib

Has anybody come up with a good travel case for the Kessler Pocket Jib? Something that protects well, but isn't absolutely enormous? Pelican doesn't make anything in the proper size range, and I'm starting to think that a hard golf bag might be the way to go. I'd love to hear what you're using for your jibs at the 48" mark.
Zachary Fink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2011, 01:09 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Travel Case for Kessler Pocket Jib

I've got Kessler's soft case. Definitely not enough protection for rugged work or flights. I haven't looked for anything stronger though. Certainly, you'd want something with wheels.

Also consider what feet you want to transport. I've got the pads, which are super solid, the rubber wheels, which make it easy to move from shot to shot, and the dolly trucks. Each affects the length and width at the bottom. It's time consuming to swap them out too. Keeping the wheels in a separate case is one solution. I don't know the best way to go as each idea has pros and cons.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Jibs / Cranes / Booms