Vinten Dolphin Jib at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Jibs / Cranes / Booms

Old April 30th, 2022, 10:33 AM   #1
Inner Circle

Vinten Dolphin Jib

I've been doing some recording videos, and I get strange questions, and one email asked what the things are they can just see in some of them - so at the end of this one, A Dolphin Jib makes a short appearance. I've had it for years and it was made in the late 70's and is the most amazing piece of real engineering - beautifully made, but now very rare, and many people have never even heard of them - from the Vinten days when everything was names after creatures of some sort - Petrels, Terns, Plovers, Dolphins etc etc.
Paul R Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2022, 10:46 AM   #2
Wrangler

Re: Vinten Dolphin Jib

Flashback from 2008!

https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jibs-cr...ml#post1165811
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2022, 12:47 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Re: Vinten Dolphin Jib

Wow! I’ve no recollection at all of that at all. Or the event in that picture 16 years ago. Cheers.
Paul R Johnson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Jibs / Cranes / Booms