Think about service at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Jibs / Cranes / Booms

Old June 5th, 2007, 09:51 AM   #1
Inner Circle

Think about service

Hi all:

I just wanted to relate a couple of experiences I have recently had with my Losmandy PortaJib Traveler. I have been very happy with the unit, it is a great piece of gear. One of the resons I bought a PortaJib over many of the competing brands was that I knew thay PortJib's HQ is in Hollywood, very close for me since I work around Burbank.

I stupidly let another production rent my jib while I was gone on a shoot in Miami. When I returned, I discovered that the other crew had stripped out the boom drag control and had messed up the tripod plate leveling mechanism. I took the Jib to Scott and Mark at PortaJib to have a look and to give me an estimate on what it was going to cost to fix. These broken items were broken through neglect and was not really a warranty repair and I expected to pay for the repair and charge the company that rented it from me. A week later, when I went to pickup the Jib, Mark told me, "no charge" for the repair. Wow! Really nice of them.

A week later, I went to use the jib for a tabletop shoot and discovered that the counterweight bar had a large screw that held a counterweight that hd been cross threaded. That damn crew really was brutal with my jib! I took the parts over to Mark at PortaJib in Hollywood and he re-tapped the thread, then gave me a new weight holding screw, and an Allen wrench to screw it back onto the jib with (!) since I did not have that size Allen wrench and some Loctite to hold it. All free! Gratis! No Charge! Amazing.

Losmandy and PortaJib are a great company, really top notch products and most importantly, they stand behind their product, going way above and beyond to make sure that I am up and running. Many thanks to Scott and Mark and PortaJib, they are really nice guys and take care of their customers in a way that is almost forgotten today.

Yes, A PortaJib costs more but it is very well built and the company stands for intergrity and are also very concerned that their customers are able to use their products as intended. Think about this when you are deciding which jib arm to buy, service and taking care of the customer make a HUGE difference in our business. Buy from someone who will take care of you.

All the best,

Dan

Last edited by Dan Brockett; June 6th, 2007 at 09:31 AM.
Dan Brockett is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Jibs / Cranes / Booms