LS300 Audio Meter & Histogram at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC 4KCAM Pro Handheld Camcorders

JVC 4KCAM Pro Handheld Camcorders
GY-LS300, GY-HM250, HM200, HM180 and HM170 recording 4K Ultra-High Definition video.

Old May 25th, 2017, 09:50 AM   #1
Major Player

LS300 Audio Meter & Histogram

Ok fellas this is just FYI (I hope it will help some one as it did me), I finally found the answer to a problem that has been plaguing me for a few days now. Been working with the camera and going through the settings. I have notice that my audio meter was not being displayed on the LCD screen. When I go to the menu to turn it on (Main Menu >LCD/VF>Display Settings...>Audio Meter) it was grayed out. For the life of me I could not figure out why.

Then as I was playing with the Histogram and I assigned it a button then was toggling it off and on I found that they both can not be on at the same time. When I turn the Histogram off by hitting the button I assigned to it the audio meter shows back up. SOB!! So I go into the menu again and I notice the Histogram and the Audio Meter in consecutive order. So I turn off the Histogram and I see the Audio Meter is no longer grayed out. When you turn the Histogram back on, sure enough, the Audio Meter is grayed out again.

So by assigning the Histogram to a button I can toggle and it and see my Audio Meter. Another thing I love about this camera is the Status button. I hit it then use the joystick to get to the Audio screen. That is awesome to see it live update as I adjust the audio switches. I love seeing the diagram so I see how my audio is routed at a glance. So I keep this handy and now when I hit the Status button that is the first thing I see because audio is very important to me. I want to make sure I have my desired settings for the appropriate shoot.
Aaron Jones Sr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2017, 06:08 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: LS300 Audio Meter & Histogram

I have histogram assigned to the time code button. User button #2.
W. Bill Magac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2017, 06:28 PM   #3
Major Player

Re: LS300 Audio Meter & Histogram

LOL, that is the button that I assigned it to as well.
Aaron Jones Sr. is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC 4KCAM Pro Handheld Camcorders