JVC CU-VD40 DVD Burner. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC Everio GZ-HD and GZ-HM Series

JVC Everio GZ-HD and GZ-HM Series
JVC's Everio Series 3CCD High Definition MPEG2 camcorders.

Old January 28th, 2008, 06:03 PM   #1
New Boot

JVC CU-VD40 DVD Burner.

I have backed up all my files onto dvd's by using the CU-VD40. Can I now safely wipe my hard drive of all files and use the dvd's as a source for editing and download them onto an Avid? Can't find any information anywhere I'm afraid and desperately need to film some more on the camera but the hard drive is full.
Thanks for your time.
Jeremy Gibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2008, 07:08 PM   #2
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Gibbs View Post
I have backed up all my files onto dvd's by using the CU-VD40. Can I now safely wipe my hard drive of all files and use the dvd's as a source for editing and download them onto an Avid? Can't find any information anywhere I'm afraid and desperately need to film some more on the camera but the hard drive is full.
Thanks for your time.
I bought two 500GB external hard-disk for my JVC GZHD7! Why don't you buy extra hard-disk? I would prefer to keep original raw files. Converted DVDs have very low resolution compare to original raw files!
Kaushik Parmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2008, 09:13 PM   #3
HDV Cinema

[QUOTE=Kaushik Parmar;816206Converted DVDs have very low resolution compare to original raw files![/QUOTE]

That's not the case. The HD video is stored as data ON DVDs.

The folders and files are now on the DVDs so you can erase the HD. When you need to edit, just copy DVD contents to your HD.

The JVC burner is a great option. By the way, for storage the much cheaper VD20 works just as well.
Old January 28th, 2008, 09:16 PM   #4
HDV Cinema

[QUOTE=Jeremy Gibbs;816169Can't find any information anywhere I'm afraid and desperately need to film some more on the camera but the hard drive is full.[/QUOTE]

Click to this link to learn about my "HD7 Handbook." It has everything you need for shooting and editing.

http://home.mindspring.com/~d-v-c/
Old January 29th, 2008, 03:06 AM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Mullen View Post
That's not the case. The HD video is stored as data ON DVDs.

The folders and files are now on the DVDs so you can erase the HD. When you need to edit, just copy DVD contents to your HD.

The JVC burner is a great option. By the way, for storage the much cheaper VD20 works just as well.
If he has stored as data files then he is ok he can reuse it any time, I thought he has created DVDs! I use external hard-disk for storage!

And Steve, if you can help me in my below post I would appreciate it!

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=111001
Kaushik Parmar is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC Everio GZ-HD and GZ-HM Series