GZ-HD7U file delete question: at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC Everio GZ-HD and GZ-HM Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC Everio GZ-HD and GZ-HM Series
JVC's Everio Series 3CCD High Definition MPEG2 camcorders.

Old August 23rd, 2009, 03:59 PM   #1
New Boot

GZ-HD7U file delete question:

I was transferring .TOD files directly off of the camera to my external HDD to convert to AIC files for editing in FCP. Well, without thinking, I dropped those files (and their companion .MOI files into the trash. After I did it, I realized it & figured, well, they'll just get deleted like any other file. The camera repaired the file structure, once I was done & those clips no longer show up on the clip review page, but I didn't see any change in the available HDD space on the camera or the amount of total recording time available. Now, I'm wondering if those files are now "lost" on the hard drive, taking up space. Is there a way to get into the file structure to find them & actually remove them, or am I just stuck with them taking up space? Any help would be appreciated. TIA.
Matt Smithers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2009, 06:35 PM   #2
New Boot

Format?

Do a format
Jeff Nyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2009, 09:15 PM   #3
New Boot

You're the man....

Thanks Jeff. I'm not much of a computer guy.
Matt Smithers is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC Everio GZ-HD and GZ-HM Series