my GZ-HD7 has just shipped.... where to post? - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC Everio GZ-HD and GZ-HM Series

JVC Everio GZ-HD and GZ-HM Series
JVC's Everio Series 3CCD High Definition MPEG2 camcorders.

Old July 12th, 2007, 06:00 AM   #31
Trustee

Has anyone compared image quality from this camera with HDV cameras? I'm quite curious to see if they can be intermixed.

The main problems I see on the Canon H20, when compared with this camera, is its sole CMOS sensor (instead of 3 CCDs), too few manual controls (focus and exposure) and no mic input. As such it seems only interesting for home videos.

In that sense, the Sony HC7 at least has manual controls, even if only 1 CMOS too.
Carlos E. Martinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2007, 09:43 AM   #32
sponsor: B&H Photo-Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Mullen View Post
Not to worry, there will be discounts glore. Try B&H.
Thanks. :-)
Old July 12th, 2007, 11:53 AM   #33
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos E. Martinez View Post
The main problems I see on the Canon H20, when compared with this camera, is its sole CMOS sensor (instead of 3 CCDs), too few manual controls (focus and exposure) and no mic input. As such it seems only interesting for home videos.

In that sense, the Sony HC7 at least has manual controls, even if only 1 CMOS too.
Not to stray off topic, but I just want to correct you there. The HV20 has manual focus, manual exposure, AND a mic input.
Chris Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2007, 05:06 PM   #34
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos E. Martinez View Post
Has anyone compared image quality from this camera with HDV cameras? I'm quite curious to see if they can be intermixed.

Have you actually seen footage from an HV20? What does it really matter with the 1 CMOS especially when its picture is much beter than the 3CCD HC7 (subjective I know but tell that to the majority of reviewers)? It has more manual controls than what you mentioned. Home videos??? Your joking right?? Most of your award winning SLR photo cams use 1CMOS and thier pictures are amazing.

You can't really compare CMOS and CCD in the same way. They are two totally different animals in how they gather light.

Is the upcoming RED camera 1CMOS or 3CMOS? Just curious.
Ian G. Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2007, 03:01 PM   #35
Regular Crew

.TOD to Quicktime

I was able to use quicktime to make a playable quicktime but the fields were all munged together making an unwatchable mess of my footage.

The VLC>MpegStreamclip solution worked for me.
Old July 25th, 2007, 04:52 AM   #36
Major Player

Lets get back to the topic, now that the HD3 has also been released where should we place this new channel?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC Everio GZ-HD and GZ-HM Series