How are you mounting your FS-4 HD? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old August 22nd, 2007, 10:34 AM   #1
Major Player

How are you mounting your FS-4 HD?

What are you using to mount the FS-4 HD to your JVC 100/110?
Bill Edmunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2007, 02:43 PM   #2

Jvc makes a mount.
Firestore makes a mount.
IDX and AB both make mounts.

Somewhere in there are all the parts for a perfect solution.
Bill Ravens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2007, 02:53 PM   #3
Space Hipster

I thought only the DR-HD100 would work with JVC HDV cameras.
Glen Vandermolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2007, 03:34 PM   #4
Wrangler

If you have the Anton Bauer mount I have a step-by-step tutorial in the works that I'll publish on the web as soon as I have the time.

In the meantime I've attached some of the photos I've taken for the tutorial.

You will need to purchase ABWMK-HD100 Kit from Anton Bauer as well as PowerTap FS4 14" power cable. (pictured below)

Edit: There is apparently a kit called the ABFSKIT1 that includes all of the above.
Attached Thumbnails
How are you mounting your FS-4 HD?-_dsc1042.jpg   How are you mounting your FS-4 HD?-_dsc1044.jpg  

How are you mounting your FS-4 HD?-_dsc1061.jpg   How are you mounting your FS-4 HD?-_dsc1062.jpg  

How are you mounting your FS-4 HD?-_dsc1067.jpg   How are you mounting your FS-4 HD?-_dsc1075.jpg  

How are you mounting your FS-4 HD?-_dsc1080.jpg  
Old August 22nd, 2007, 03:35 PM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Dashwood View Post
If you have the Anton Bauer mount I have a step-by-step tutorial in the works that I'll publish on the web as soon as I have the time.

In the meantime I've attached some of the photos I've taken for the tutorial.

You will need to purchase ABWMK-HD100 Kit from Anton Bauer as well as PowerTap FS4 14" power cable. (pictured below)
Great pix Tim, thanks. Alas I'm using an IDX mounting system.
Old August 22nd, 2007, 03:36 PM   #6
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen Vandermolen View Post
I thought only the DR-HD100 would work with JVC HDV cameras.
The DR-HD100 is the only DTE solution that will provide on-screen status display in the viewfinder, and encapsulate 720p24, 25, & 30 into Quicktime HDV, as well as m2t or DV capture options.

m2t capture is possible with other products.
Old August 22nd, 2007, 03:39 PM   #7
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Edmunds View Post
Great pix Tim, thanks. Alas I'm using an IDX mounting system.
I can't offer any first hand experience then. Sorry. I've played with the JVC demo models that featured the IDX FS-4/DR-HD100 mount, but I have no idea what the model numbers are. I believe there is another thread from about 3 or 4 months ago that did have this info.
Old August 22nd, 2007, 04:02 PM   #8

Two things:
1-I use a firestore FS4HD; and it works great with my HD110. The red/green LED on top of the unit is all the indication I need to know whether the unit is recording. IMHO the DR-HD100 is overpriced for what you get in the viewfinder. Tru, as Tim said, the FS4 won't record to .mov, but, with Cineform, who cares. Both units suffer from a weakly designed firewire connector, resulting in quite common dropouts whilst recording. I'm NOT impressed with this feature.

2-The IDX mount will put the FS4 on the starboard side of the HD110, resulting in a tendency to make the unit want to tip outboard, making shoulder holding tiring. I've combined the IDX mount with the AB aft mount to allow mounting the FS4 behind the battery compartment. You will need to drill one hole and tap it with a fine thread tap. Works like a champ.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...y_Bracket.html
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...y_Bracket.html
Bill Ravens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2007, 03:24 AM   #9
Major Player

I use 3 wide strips of Velcro to put it on the back of my Swit Battery.
Works fine and safe as it really sticks on.
Marc Colemont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2007, 11:36 AM   #10
Major Player

velcro all the way! ive NEVER had a problem in any situation with it coming loose and the FS4 lies flat against my IDX batteries.
Alan Ortiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2007, 05:40 PM   #11
Regular Crew

mounting the FS

I use the A/B bracket for my own camera, and also have wide heavy duty velcro on them as well (its actually on the battery pack) for other cameras w/o the A/B bracket.
Actually, the velcro is more secure! The A/B bracket has quite a bit of wiggle to it.

regards,
BT Corwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2007, 07:34 AM   #12
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Ortiz View Post
velcro all the way! ive NEVER had a problem in any situation with it coming loose and the FS4 lies flat against my IDX batteries.
How does it lie flat against the IDX batteries? My IDX batts aren't flat -- they have a v-mount on the back for stacking batteries.
Old August 28th, 2007, 12:49 AM   #13
Major Player

ahh, well thats simple actually- i bought the cheaper ones (s series) that dont have the stackable v connector. if you can get it off then you simply place the heavy duty velcro on the FS4-HD and match it up (it should already have velcro on its back and battery pack) and then place it on the battery. Let it sit for a few hours to ensure the glue has set. Ive been using it like this for the past eight months without it ever falling off, even with the constant removing and reattaching of the FS4 to the IDX batt. Its a good combo with the anton power tap feeding it juice.
Alan Ortiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2007, 10:50 AM   #14
Anton/Bauer

New A/B Hard Drive mount for HD100/110 and HD200/150

Anton/Bauer will have a new mount available in September. I would like to post pictures if someone would tell how. And if the moderators will let me. I know that this board is about information and not sales....

Scott Keyworth
Anton/Bauer, Inc
Scott Keyworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2007, 01:49 PM   #15
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Keyworth View Post
Anton/Bauer will have a new mount available in September. I would like to post pictures if someone would tell how. And if the moderators will let me. I know that this board is about information and not sales....

Scott Keyworth
Anton/Bauer, Inc
You can attach photos to a post by clicking "Manage Attachments" as you are composing your reply. It is found below the text window in 'Additional Options.' You can upload 8 photos at a time.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems