AMGEN tour of california at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old February 20th, 2008, 06:52 PM   #1
Major Player

AMGEN tour of california

howdy! I covered the Amgen tour of California stage 3 today, which started in my city, went over mount Hamilton, and into San Jose. Got to check out what the VS tv crew was using, and was pleased to see a few HD200's mixed in with sony HDcams. got some great shots of the race, will be posting video later tonight.
Carlos Rodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2008, 01:57 PM   #2
Major Player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sk-E7eVYW1c

sorry it's late... more coming.
Old February 25th, 2008, 03:22 PM   #3
Major Player

Thanks for putting this up. Can't believe Levi is on Astana now! WoW
Aaron Courtney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2008, 12:16 AM   #4
Major Player

yeah, he seems like a cool cat. We were this close... <--> to missing that interview with him. I hear they're not letting his team race in France because of "performance enhancer issues" I didn't know cycling was structured after MLB =-D
Old February 28th, 2008, 03:31 PM   #5
Major Player

Yeah, coming from a pro sports background, I can definitively say that MLB ain't got nothing on pro cycling when it comes to PED's. But that's a topic for another day and another forum, LOL!

Were you contracted by the city for a specific shoot that day? What exactly was your role in the Tour of CA?
Aaron Courtney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2008, 03:01 PM   #6
Major Player

just news coverage. We're running a leased access cable system on a couple of channels. We're slowly but surely buying it out to fill up 24/7 with all original programming geared toward our county. So far just a daily news program that runs 4 times a day, a travel show and a couple of infomercials. We did give some stock footage to VS tv to run a spot during their coverage of stage 3, but thats about it.
Old May 18th, 2011, 03:59 PM   #7
Inner Circle

Re: AMGEN tour of california

Apologies for reviving an old discussion, but does anyone know what technology is being used for live transmission and web encoding of the Amgen Tour from remote locations, including moving motorcycles in hilly areas? An impressive web broadcast this year in very difficult conditions.
Kevin Shaw is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems