JVC GY-HD100-250 35mm Nikon-mount lens adapter comparison - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old May 21st, 2008, 11:34 PM   #31
Regular Crew

I've had the same redflare

I have a Zoerk adapter and I've seen the same redflare specially when tilting with a 28mm Nikon lens. Have anybody asked to Zoerk/Mtf about this phenomenon?
Old May 22nd, 2008, 11:02 AM   #32
Major Player

Saul, I organized a few pages on this subject which follow the original adapter comparison that I linked to on page one of this thread. Mario Cater sent me some homework he did on this subject, which I put together here on page three of the test http://www.reelsense.net/HD-200/JVC-...RED_FLARE.html

I plan to have another go at this tonight. Maybe give it a whirl yourself. Hopefully you'll have better luck.
Eric Gulbransen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2008, 12:49 PM   #33
Regular Crew

Thanks Erick

I have seen the link of Mario's work. Very interesting.Let us know about your new experimentation.
Thanks.
Old May 22nd, 2008, 03:56 PM   #34
New Boot

How to Get Rid of the Red Flare

I tried alot of masking and shapes inside the adapter but the easiest way to get rid of the red flare is to take your camera with your nikon lens installed, make sure to use a filter or polarizer on the lens. Hook up your camera to a decent monitor or HD TV, create the conditions to get the red flare, now take a business card and begin to cover up the lens. Find the spot where the red flare disappears and this will be how much the lens has to be covered. If you go too far, you will see on the monitor the image will start getting darker. I have found that its about 1/3 of the lens that has to be covered. This works on my macro 60mm Nikon, 70-200 Sigma, 80-400 Nikon, 18-70 Nikon. What I have done is, to keep the one polarizer set up this way and just use different rings to fit the lens. The images produced with this combo sure beats out the standard lens.
Hope this helps you out until someone comes along and makes an adapter that really works in the outside world.

Doug Harvey
Doug Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2008, 08:24 AM   #35
Major Player

I had a similar problem when I had an adapter built for mounting a Tokina 150 to 500 lens on a Sony camera in the mid 90's. Under certain light conditions I had a purple colour on the bottom part of the image which seemed to be light reflecting inside the lens some how that the camera doesn't like. Like Doug mentioned I found out if I moved my hand in front of the lens at a certain point I could get the purple colour to disappear. My fix was to make the objective lens smaller by putting a cover made of hard plastic with a smaller hole over the end of the lens. I lost some light but it fixed the problem. Later I mounted the same lens on a XL1 and never had the problem with the purple colour even with out the plastic cover. To me it appears that some cameras have a problem with mounting 35mm lens on them.

Gordon Hoffman
Gordon Hoffman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems