Hd100 Died In Middle Of Shoot - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old January 30th, 2009, 10:40 PM   #16
Tourist

JVC GY-HD100 Fuse Question

Thanks so much for the info thus far on here!

I found the fuse on my HD-100 after my camera stopped working. Does anyone know where to purchase another one? All I can find on the internet is glass fuses, but what is needed is solid state (i guess???). Maybe a different search term besides solid state would help? SOC T3.15a 72v, which is whats written on the fuse, doesn't come up in searches... )-:
Adam Seastage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2009, 11:03 PM   #17
Trustee

while a good local electronics supply place might have one... the obvious answer is call JVC and talk to their service parts dept. postage will cost more then the part, might as well order 2.

question - is it soldered or socketed ? I've got a FP33 with a mini square fuse which is changeable.
Steve Oakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2009, 03:12 AM   #18
Tourist

Call JVC?

I'm not sure JVC would mail me the part...but it is worth the shot. I'm hoping it's socketed because I pulled it out already! :-O It seemed to slide out and back in smoothly so I'm hopeful...

I'm also going to try to call my local electronics stores tomorrow.

Here's some pics:

http://seastage.com/images/IMG_0087.JPG

http://seastage.com/images/IMG_0083.JPG

It's the thing in the bottom right in the pics.
Old January 31st, 2009, 06:38 AM   #19
Regular Crew

Thanks for the warning Ted, that's a spare to get and add to my "Harley saddle bags" before it's needed!
Stuart Nimmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2009, 11:28 PM   #20
Trustee

I don't see any reason they wouldn't let you buy one as long as you talk to the service parts dept. I've bought numerous parts for sony cameras : beta Sp, Hi8 pro & consumer, DAT by contacting their central NA parts service center in Kansas city. no reason to think JVC is nay different, you want the part, find its number, call & order. they sell to repair shops, you cash is just as good. at worst, you might need a local repair place order it for you. I'm sure they will take care of you.

BTW, which board was the fuse on ? the back one behind the battery mount ?
Old February 3rd, 2009, 07:44 PM   #21
New Boot

Yikes Mine Just Died too

My HD100 has barely been used - yea I know I should have sold it years ago. So finally today I get it out to check it out for an upcomming project and I get the low voltage message and it powered off. Put on a freshly charged battery and nothing. Tried direct power still nothing. This is just great now i own a 5000 dollar door stop. Anybody know if this is common. I swear i didn't do anything wrong. So I can try to replace the fuse I suppose that might work - any sources for the fuse? thanks Everyone for any suggestions.
John Schlesinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2009, 07:59 PM   #22
Trustee

just reseat the power adaptor if you have a A/B or V mount plate. sounds like cruddy contacts.
Old February 3rd, 2009, 08:16 PM   #23
New Boot

Yike minie just died too

Nah I'm only using the regular stock batteries. And batteries and direct connection not working. I've seen multiple posts about the fuse issue. What I cannot understand is why so unreliable. I have only used this like 50 hours total and it was in mint condition. In any case i need to get it working so I can sell it - I wonder what its worth its the original hd100 not upgraded to (a)
Old February 4th, 2009, 10:08 AM   #24
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Luce View Post
I think you should try the .22 bullet for your replacement fuse. Your camera would then be like one of those James Bond cameras that can actually shoot bad guys.
Just remember to take the bullet out before you board your next flight, otherwise you will find yourself on Guantanamo Bay! ;-)
Stefan Immler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2009, 04:03 PM   #25
Tourist

Part# Fuse for a JVC GY HD-100

I got the part number and the fuse is on it's way! I'll update you all with the results.

Part#NMFZ020-3RI5X-S (Fuse for a JVC GY HD-100)

Their parts dept. number to order it is:
800-582-5825
option 2
Old February 9th, 2009, 02:55 AM   #26
Regular Crew

Just a quick note on the service my JVC dealer provided when my HD-200 went down the day before a big shoot.

My local dealer did not have a 200 or 250 in stock, so he contacted his JVC rep to see what could be done. I had a 250 loaner in my hands by 11:00 A.M. the next morning, kept it for a week, and had my repaired camera back by the time I had to return the loaner.

To each his own, but this is why I don't buy on eBay. My dealer will usually match B&H (I know - there may be less expensive sources, but when I'm dropping anything north of $5k, I want to make sure I deal with a reputable source).

This wasn't intended to be a hijack, but since I'm the first to start bitching about poor customer service, I thought I should also throw some kudos around for the excellent service I received when I really, really needed it.

Best ~ Lee
Lee Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2009, 08:43 AM   #27
New Boot

Recieved fuse from parts dept - but how to replace it?

any idea on how to replace it? i pulled the old one out but not sure that the reverse is how to install. does it need to be soldered i wonder?
Old February 10th, 2009, 08:53 AM   #28
Trustee

John,

How did you take out the dead one? its soldered and SOOOOOOOOOO tiny.

Yeah, you need a special solder for it.

Ted
Ted Ramasola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2009, 03:40 PM   #29
New Boot

Fuse replacement

I pulled the fuse out and it looks like some of the fuse came with it. But i have no idea how to replace such a smal fuse or even if the fuse was ever bad. I wish people would follow up on this.
Old March 8th, 2009, 11:12 PM   #30
New Boot

Anybody know if their replacement fuse worked

Did it work - did you have to solder it? Anyone?
John Schlesinger is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems